Heir

Hinata (Akaashi-Bokuto) Shouyo's POV:

Here is the sad truth, life is utterly unfair. Because if life was fair, good people wouldn't be in pain and bad people would be the ones to endure the pain.

At least, that's what most people think. I can only partially agree to that. Good people never deserve pain but they are served it on a silver plate. Like, "Here you go! Your order of pain and suffering is here and you will have it till you DIE!!" But to me, smart and stupid as this may sound, I believe good people need to suffer to be even better people. I know that first hand.

The man who raised me and saved me from death was in pain I cannot describe. But because he suffered, he looked at me, who was just as helpless, and helped in making sure I didn't suffer. Good people who suffer make themselves better and make others stronger.

My Papa is one of those men. What I am told, my Papa was given the choice of his freedom or my death. So, he gave up his freedom and walked in willingly back into a life of hell so I may live. I haven't seen him sense I was 6, right when the clock struck midnight and June 20th turned to June 21th, my birthday.

I remember two men, one tall, lanky and grey hair and the other short with light brown hair, walking with my papa with their hands on his back as they forced him to walk to the elevator. I was held in the arms of my Dad while crying and reaching for my Papa. When he was turned around, I saw small tears fall down his face as he smiled gently to me, reassuring me I would be okay. He mouthed out the words, "I love you both," to me and my Dad as The Black Tail, Kuroo and, whom I am assuming is, Kenma, walked in as well and covered most of his face. The elevator doors then closed and I never have seen him or his smile again.

10 years have passed and I haven't had any word on how he is. I do know he's alive though because the mafia talks day and night about how Nekoma and Rose Blood Midnight men pulled something off under the authority of the Black Tail, Kuroo. With the Queen Chess Piece, Akaashi Keiji, so called 'allowing' these actions.

With what happened at the Skytree, there was no point in hiding me from the Mafia. My dad brought me into his business with the main priority to keep me safe. He would hold me at night and cry saying 'He couldn't lose me too.' But my safety doesn't matter to me. Not then and definitely not now. I welcomed this side of my new life with open arms with the sole intent to get my Papa back. I trained under the older men in the Black Jackals and found out that Yuu and Ryu were both raised around the Black Jackals since they were younger. Another boy who was older than me named Asahi Azumane became like my older brother to me and helped train me basic skills.

Before the training though, for again protection, my last name was changed to something else entirely different at least on the legal documents. Properly, I'm known as Akaashi-Bokuto, but in the real world, I go by Hinata Shouyo. The same was done to Ryu and Yuu. Tanaka and Nishinoya were there new surnames. All was done when we were young and we all knew why, to try and prevent another incident like mine from happening again.

From what I was told by my Uncle Koushi, my Dad went on a rampage for a few years because he lost my Papa. Papa meant so much to him and him losing him with no possible way to get him back made him angry and hurt. Uncle Kosuhi said that he made dangerous missions to Nekoma and would always come back empty handed.

Finally, by the time I was 15, I walked into the family business and with my Dad, we have tried to think of ways to break into their hideout and take my Papa back.

In general though, turning 15 was the hardest time in my life. I was going to high school and my Papa couldn't watch me.

For a project I did for the end of my 1st year, I honestly wanted to just scream and run away.