chapter four

chapter four - women in hotels

-

"so," you were laying with your head on her chest. "where's your husband?"

"wow, way to ruin the mood."

"sorry." you were slightly embarrassed now.

"i was just playing baby."

your face grew a little flushed at the name.

"he thinks i'm on a business trip," she continued running her fingers through your hair. "that's why me and him went out tonight."

now she had you even more confused.

"so... you were planning on hooking up with a random girl you met at the restaurant you went to with your husband?"

she sighed and let out a laugh.

"if not you, it would've been some other woman."

"so do you just go on 'business trips' to hook up with women?"

"yeah pretty much."

you felt bad for her husband. she was out here cheating on him, god knows how often and he was just at home, thinking she was working.

"i'm not a terrible person. i can see it in your face, you're judging me."

"i'm not-"

"no. i get it. objectively, i probably seem like a pretty terrible person."

by now, the two of you were sitting up and leaned against the headboard. she stood up and slid on a robe, tossing one your way, and then opening the door to the balcony. she motioned her head, telling you to come to her, as she lit a cigarette. you slid on the robe and stood next to her.

"it's a complicated situation. i don't love him, but i don't want to hurt him."

"don't you think it would hurt him more if he knew you were sleeping with a bunch of women."

"i suppose you do have a point. i guess that's why i don't let him find out." she took a puff of her cigarette.

you took a deep breath and looked at her.

"i don't think you're a terrible person."

"that makes one of us."

you bit your lip.

"are you working this weekend?"

"i'm not supposed to, but someone may ask me to cover their shift."

"can you say no?"

"i guess."

"wanna stay with me? just until tomorrow night."

you knew you should say no, she was married. but you also knew that if you said no, she would find someone else to screw, and for some reason, the thought of that made you slightly jealous.

"sure."

"okay then."

she put out her cigarette and then pushed you back into the room.

"round two?"

"yes please." you giggled and she pushed you onto the bed.