chapter eighteen

chapter eighteen - another chance
authors note : back to y/ns perspective

-

you were out with your friends at the restaurant you worked at on a saturday night, when billie walked in.

what the actual fuck?

"hey y/n." billie called across the room.

"guys, i'll be back."

"who's that." allie slurred, she was drunk.

"old friend."

"okayy."

you walked over to billie and grabbed her arm.

"what are you doing here?"

she opened her mouth to speak and you interrupted her.

"y'know what? i don't even want to know. stop coming to my work, stop trying to find me. i finally found a way to get over you and you keep coming back into my life and fucking me up."

"y/n, please. just talk to me. ten minutes, that's all i need."

you hesitantly agreed and the two of you walked to the roof. once you were up there, you lit a cigarette and took a drag.

"talk."

"i'm sorry. i hurt you so badly. i broke you, and it broke me to do that. i promised you i'd never hurt you, and i did. i do love you enough to give up everything for you. i was just scared and i reacted. you don't have to forgive me if you don't want to, but i just needed you to know."

your gaze drifted to her hands. the hands she used to brush your cheek with, and run her fingers through your hair with. her wedding ring was gone.

"where's your ring?" you asked monotone.

"we're divorced."

your face dropped.

"i couldn't live a lie anymore and i couldn't bear lying to him anymore. it wasn't right. he deserved someone who wanted him."

you nodded and faced the street.

"listen, billie. i love you. i still do. you haunt me. but i can't trust that you feel the same."

"i understand, and i'm not asking you to-"

you interrupted her.

"but i wanna give you another chance, billie. my life has been miserable without you, and i wanna just be happy again. and i'm not gonna move in with you or anything yet, but i wanna try again."

"i love you y/n."

"i love you too."

the two of you pulled each other into a heated kiss on the roof of the building.

-

authors note : this was supposed to be the end but i decided to continue <3