chapter nine

chapter nine - little things

-

billie pulled up in her white mercedes at exactly nine am. you were wearing the baby blue blouse you had taken from her, along with a pair of white trousers. you had brought a suitcase even though you were only packing for a night because like billie, you were an over packer. once she parked her car, she stepped out to help you.

"here i'll put that away."

she took your suitcase from you and put it in her trunk.

"get in." she climbed back into the car.

when you were seated and had your seatbelt on, she placed her hand on your thigh.

"how have you been?"

"uh- good i guess? you?"

"i've been alright. i missed you."

"you missed me?"

"of course."

"i thought i was just a hookup."

"a damn good one."

she had you more confused than ever. what was she doing? why was she showing interest in you? she couldn't have a relationship with you, and you couldn't have one with her. she was married for fucks sake. the two of you drove for a while, making casual small talk the whole way. about an hour into the drive, it was evident where you were going, as you were driving straight into the city.

"finding parking's gonna be a bitch, but i thought we could go shopping."

for some reason, her remembering the small conversation you two had about you liking shopping and the city, made your heart skip a beat. you turned and smiled at her, taking her hand into yours.

the two of you spent a majority of the day shopping, and even went out to brunch, again. once you both decided you were done for the day, you walked back to the car and parked at the hotel you were staying in. it was incredibly nice, with your suite's window overlooking the city.

"gorgeous right?" she came up behind you.

"yeah."

"did you have fun today?"

"yeah." you smiled as she pecked your neck.

"wanna finish off the day with even more fun?" she whispered.

you laughed and nodded, and she pushed you onto the bed.