chapter five

chapter five - coffee

-

you must have fallen asleep at some point the night before, because you woke up in bed alone and the scent of coffee filled the room.

"hey sleepyhead." billie was sitting at the small table, smoking and sipping coffee.

"you're not supposed to smoke in here."

"you gonna tell on me?"

you laughed and slid out of bed, slipping on the robe that billie had pulled off of you the night before.

"i was thinking we could go out for brunch?"

you must have made a face because her expression changed.

"only if you want to."

"no i do, it's just what if your husband sees us?"

"we would go out of town."

you nodded and poured yourself a cup of coffee.

"you drink coffee? you don't strike me as that type."

"theres a 'type' that drinks coffee? and no, i hate coffee. i don't know why i even poured myself any."

"i'll take it."

you giggled and handed billie the mug.

"i don't have any clothes." you sat across from her. "i would have my work shirt, but someone destroyed that."

"oh but wasn't it worth it?"

"so worth it."

"borrow something of mine. i have plenty of clothes, i'm like the worlds worst over packer."

"you strike me as that type."

"there's a 'type' of person who overpacks?" she used the tone you had used just minutes before.

you shrugged and she sipped her coffee again.