Chapter Four

BLOOD MENTIONED!!
FIGHTING IN THIS CHAPTER!!

When Echo looked down, he realized you had fallen asleep on him. He watched for a second, shock on his face before a light blush crept up to his cheeks. He gently brought his other arm around you and shifted slightly, getting more comfortable on the couch. You responded by shifting in your sleep, bring your arms to wrap around him. Your head was resting on his chest now, and you let out a deep breath, mumbling in your sleep. The holovideo was long over now, and Echo was just holding you as you slept, not wanting to disturb you. He glanced at a clock and saw that it was late, but he was perfectly fine with staying here all night if it meant you were happy and got your rest.
He watched as the light coming from the windows danced on your face. The way it caught your features and made your skin glow captivated him. The way your lips were slightly parted as you gently slept gave you a cute expression. The suppressed a small chuckle when he realized that you had started to slightly drool, leaving a small mark on his shirt. He was definitely going to tease you for that some day.
Echo took this peaceful time to really look around him. From where he was laying, he could see quite a bit of your quarters. You had a decent sized screen for holovideos, and a tall plant on either side of it. Your couch was a nice grey color, and it was a simple style, mainly for comfort. Your kitchen was right next to your living room. You had a small wooden table with a chair on each side. On the opposite side of your living room from the kitchen, there were two doors. One was propped open to show your bedroom, and the other Echo assumed was your bathroom. One last door off of the kitchen led to a small area that had a desk and a lounge chair.
Echo wondered what it was like to have a place of your own. He had only ever shared a living space with his brothers, and never had any need for a desk or a kitchen. He also never had any need for a living room to relax and watch holovideos. Echo realized how different your lives really were. Before, he had believed clones and their Jedi generals weren't too different, as they were all involved in this war. But seeing your room and spending the evening with you showed him just how different they were. He wondered if this was a waste of both your times. What was the point of spending time together if after the war, you wouldn't be able to be with each other. Would you even have time to be his friend when all this was done? He looked back down at you, a sad expression on his face that quickly turned to one of determination. He was going to make your time together worth it, and after the war, he would make sure you would continue to be in each other's lives. He didn't care if his rapid aging caused him to die long before you, every second that he spent by your side would be worth it. He didn't care how little of time he had known you, he could feel in his heart that you were meant to know each other. And maybe you were meant to love each other, because that's how you made him feel.
You stirred slightly in your sleep, mumbling something incoherent. He gently brushed a strand of hair from your face, and your eye lids slowly opened. You looked confused for a second before you seemed to remember where you were and who you were with.
"What time is it?" You mumbled, rubbing your eyes as you slowly sat up.
"It's 3:45," Echo responded, already missing your warmth.
"3:45?!" You said, suddenly more awake than a few seconds ago. "Echo, why didn't you wake me?"
"You looked cute when you were sleeping," he laughed. You looked at him like he was crazy before you settled back into the couch.
"Well, seeing as it's so late," you started, "you're more than welcome to stay here for the night."
Echo's eyes lit up when you said this, and he considered it for a second before he shook his head.
"That's a lovely offer that I would take any time," he said, "but I'm afraid not tonight."
You nodded you head, a little upset that he was leaving you for the night. You stood up and led him to the door and stood outside in the hall.
"I had an amazing time with you," you said, looking up at him. He grinned widely as he scratched the back of his neck.
"Yeah, I did too. Except for those deqish, they were awful." Echo made a disgusted face when he brought those up, the memory of their taste flooding his senses. "I can still taste them."
"I told you," you giggled, "the taste can last for days." His eyes widened slightly, disbelief over his face.
"You weren't joking when you said that?" He sounded slightly terrified as he spoke the words.
"Nope," you giggled, watching as his expression went distraught.
"Oh, you are so paying for making me eat all those," he said while pointing a finger at you, making you laugh more.
"I'd love to see you make me," you teased. He just shook his head before his grin came back. He looked in your eyes and took a small step closer, bringing his hand up to your cheek. You felt yourself blush as your lips parted slightly. You both closed your eyes and leaned forward, but before your lips met, you heard the elevator doors open. You jumped back, instantly turning your head to see who was entering the hall.
"Oh," Anakin said when he looked up, "am I interrupting something?"
"No."
"Yes."
You and Echo both responded at the same time, and you looked at him while biting back a laugh.
"No, Anakin, you're perfectly fine," you said, earning a playful glare from Echo before he glared at Anakin.
"You sure? Echo doesn't look like he agrees," Anakin laughed as he approached you.
"Whatever the lady says, General."
"Wait, what are you doing here so late?" Anakin asked, eyeing you two suspiciously.
"Y/n fell asleep on me, and I didn't want to wake her."
"Awww, how adorable," Anakin teased, earning a glare from you.
"Yeah, especially when she started drooling on me," Echo added while laughing.
Your eyes widened and you whipped around to look at him. "You're joking," you accused, to which he laughed more.
"Nope, the spot in my shirt is still wet," he said. Anakin was practically dying at the situation now. This was certainly the most entertaining thing he had seen in a while.
"And you just let me?" You said, slightly embarrassed by your sleeping habit.
"Like I said, I didn't want to wake you."
You looked at Anakin and narrowed your eyes, cocking an eyebrow as you smirked.
"And where are you coming back from this late?" You joked, knowing the answer already.
"Oh, you know, places," he replied, looking at you like he wanted to kick you.
"Late night meetings with senators again?" You pushed, earning another glare from him.
"Hey now, I'm not the only one sneaking back to my quarters after a late night with a lady."
"Don't bring me into your bickering," Echo said while raising his hands defensively.
You covered your mouth as a yawn hit you, and you suddenly felt very tired again.
"I think we should let General Jinn get back to her beauty sleep," Anakin chuckled, watching as you went to lean against the wall.
"Yeah, I think I might have to carry her back to her bed," Echo joked. You shook your head before saying, "I'm perfectly fine to walk on my own, thank you."
"If you say so," he shrugged, a smirk coming to his face. "I'll see you tomorrow?" He said to you, which you happily shook your head yes to. "Then, have a goodnight darling," he said before turning to Anakin. "General," he nodded, receiving a nod from Anakin in response. You watched as he walked away, waving to you as the elevator doors closed.
"You guys are pretty cute," Anakin said breaking the silence. You elbowed him in the side, earning an "ow! What was that for?"
"That's the second time you've interrupted us about to kiss," you said with an annoyed tone.
"Sorry, I just have the best timing I guess," he said before putting an arm around your shoulder. "Come on," he said, "let's get you to bed." He led you into your room and made sure you didn't stumble as you went to your bed. "Oh, and I'm telling Padmé about this," he said while closing your door. You mumbled out a response as you got comfortable. You slipped easily into a deep sleep, having a normal dreamless night that most Jedi have.