Chapter Forty

I'm barely alive and not kicking but here I am battling depression and anxiety with alcoholism and nicotine addiction WOOHOO COLLEGE IS SO FUCKING GREAT

ANyways I'm hoping to be 'back' soon so here's something I've been working on for months

Hope yall are well

As you stare at Tayah's sickly yellow eyes, you feel the entire universe collapsing around you. Anakin is silent at your side, and you feel his discomfort rising. He's just lost his padawan, and now you're being given an offer to save someone close to you, bring them back to the light.

"I can go wait outside," Anakin offers.

"I would prefer to keep you where I can see you," Dooku replies, his eyes briefly leaving you to glance at the Jedi Knight. "I am sure you have a lot of internal conflict, but I advise you to make your choice quickly."

"I-" you start, but then you bite your tongue, unable to speak the words. You stare at Tayah, noticing how helpless and desperate she looks. It's as though even through the curse she's pleading for you to help her. You glance at Anakin for help, and you already know what he's thinking. You want to shake your head, knowing that his idea won't work. But it's at least worth a shot, right? "I'll give myself up," you say, "but release her curse first."

"Now now, young one," Dooku says while shaking his head, "I know better than to trust you deceitful Jedi."

"I'll prove my surrender," you say before unclipping your lightsaber and using the force to pass it to him. He takes hold of it and examines it, a smirk residing on his lips.

"This will make a fine addition to Grievous's collection," he says before clipping it somewhere under his cloak. Next, you walk over to stand in front of him, and he motions for Tayah to get up and join you. She glares at you the entire time, eyes filled with the look of murder. "Tayah, you are now released from the sith curse," he says while waving a hand above her head. You wait, hoping for something to happen, although you know it won't. This has been pointless, you can't take the sith curse away from someone. They have to give up the darkside themselves.

Tayah blinks a few times, confusion swirling in her eyes before she looks up at Dooku. "Master? What curse?"

A low, slow chuckle begins deep inside Dooku's chest, and before you can get yourself back to your senses, his hand is around your neck and your back is pressed against his chest. He's just barely choking you, and his lightsaber is held just millimeters from your throat. "You foolish Jedi," he says in a humored tone, "you know there is no such thing as a curse to turn someone to the darkside."

"It was worth a shot," Anakin counters, igniting his own lightsaber. Dooku's saber gets closer to you, and you stare at Anakin with wide eyes.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," Dooku says, and you feel his hand loosen on your throat as he moves it to the back of your neck. You tense up, but then his arm is sticking out to the side. "Tayah, shall we show these Jedi all that you have accomplished so far?"

You feel your blood drain as you realize what's about to happen. You want to scream, but all sound refuses to come out. When she steps forward, she ignites your lightsaber, and the green glow contrasts greatly with her orange skin and yellow eyes. You can remember the first time you'd shown her your lightsaber, how her eyes were silver like Kwol's back then.

"You don't have to do this, Tayah," Anakin says, holding his hand out, "you can come back with us. We can save you."

"Don't listen to his lies, Tayah," Dooku counters, "remember how they abandoned you. How they never went searching for you."