CHAPTER TEN

Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A flood of zombies? A tsunami of zombies? A Zunami

"The feeling of being curled up in your arms with our fingers intertwined and the soft feel of your breath on my neck can never be put into words. I can, however, tell you that it is where I belong and it is in those arms that I feel at home."

==================================

As the hot sun beats down on a very dehydrated Cheshire, her exposed skin turns cherry red. It's been two days since they narrowly escaped the Fu-Bar and since they're had drinkable water. All the water they're come across is, well, less than edible. 

10k crawls over to Cheshire nudging her with his head. "You awake?" She nods, not wanting to waste energy on talking. "Are you sure? You look like you're about to pass out."

When she doesn't rely the second time he sighs, grabbing his sweaty scarf and holding it over her. "You'll thank me later." Squeezing the sweat from his scarf, what little there may be, in her mouth.

Greedily she swallows the liquid and gasps, reaching up to touch her lips. "Thank you." She coughs, rolling over and putting her hand on his head. "But, I touch we didn't have water."

"We don't."

She pauses. "Then... what did I just drink?" After a moment of thinking she shakes her head. "You know what, nevermind. I don't wanna know."

He laughs. "It's not as bad as you think. It's just sweat."

"I said I didn't want to know."

The two laugh as the sun continues to beat down on them and cook them like baked potatoes. But at the moment neither of them can feel the heat, just the unfamiliar warmth of each others presence. 

After what happened at the Fu-Bar, he's all Cheshire can think about. From the the time she wakes up to the time she goes to bed, sometimes even in her dreams he's there. She can't get 10k out of her head. And thankfully, she's not the only one.

When 10k thought he was going to lose her, that Warren was just going to leave her behind, the fear that radiated through his body made his feeling bubble to the surface. The feelings that he couldn't put a name to beforehand because he's never felt such a thing before.

"You know," Doc groans staring at his empty water bottle, "I read once that you could drink your own urine. But all I'm pissin' is dust." 

Cheshire laughs, rolling over to face the old man with a crooked smile. "There's not enough water in the body," she coughs. "The less water you drink, the less water your body adds to your pee."

Doc just stares at the girl for a moment, her words not registering in his brain. "You know what, I'm just going to believe what you say kid even though I have no idea what you just said."