CHAPTER ELEVEN

Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

I just survived a zombie horde and now I have to deal with glowing zombies? Fuck my life

"She is the sweetest badass you will ever meet."

==================================

"Is this entire state uphill?" Murphy complains, dragging his feet lazily behind him. They're been walking for what feels like forever. After the herd ran over the truck they had to resort to walking until they could find a working vehicle. "Where are we anyway?"

"According to this map," Warren sighs flipping the map around, "we're in the Black Hills of South Dakota. Look, I know everyone's tired but at least we're out of that damn horde." Turning back to the group she smiles slyly at 10k and Cheshire. 

Ever since the herd trapped them at the morgue the two have been glued together at the hip. No one in the group minded, except Murphy but no one gives a shit about how he feels, since everyone's shipped them since the beginning.

Even a blind man could sense their chemistry.

Cheshire giggles and playfully shoves him. "Quit it. You're such a flirt."

"Only for you." He kisses the side of her head and smiles.

He wanted to ask her the question, the one that'll make her his and his alone, but he's afraid of her response.

Yes, they kissed and they both admitted to liking each other, but that doesn't mean that she likes him likes him. She could just be saying that until she finds someone better than him and moves on.

Cheshire groans, leaning against a tree. "Warren. Can we please take a break? My feet are bleeding."

"What?! Really?!"

"What? No, they're not actually bleeding. It just fucking feels like they are because we've been walking for so long without a break."

"Oh. Yeah, we can take a quick one."

Dropping down Cheshire groans even louder, pulling off her shoes and rubbing her aching feet. "How much further? Actually, no, don't answer that. I don't wanna know."

"Uh," Warren glances down at her map, "there's supposed to be a little town nearby called Edgemont. I don't think it's too much further."

At the mention of Edgemont Cheshire bolts upright, her heart pounding in her chest. 'Edgemont? We're in South Dakota? There's no fucking way. I wonder if...' She stops that thought before it could go any further. 'No... there's no way in hell that grandpa's still here after all these years. He's probably either popped himself off or turned into a Z. I hope it's the second one because I don't think I'd have it in me to off him.'

"Hey Naya?" Cassandra calls over her shoulder, staring off into the distance. "Remember how in Philly we talked about people still having spray paint and painting shit?"