CHAPTER SIX

Chapter Six

Chapter Six

There's a Sharknado, and then there's a Zombienado. And at this point, I'd rather have the sharks than the zombies

"Wherever you go, I go." 

=====================

Illinois, the state that was once filled with traffic jams, the honking of thousands of cars, and the stench of pollution in the air. A dirty, and filthy place, one of many that was slowly killing the planet. Guess that's one good thing about the apocalypse, no more technology, no more corrupt politicians.

Warren and Garnett stand in the kitchen of an abandoned suburban house, listening to the soothing music Citizen Z played through the radio. Garnett pours two cups of coffee, handing one to his lovely Second-in-Command and sipping on the other. 

"Ah, thank you, honey." Warren smiles taking a drink. "Mmmm-mm. Nothing like the first cup."

A sleepy Cheshire snores softly on the couch, catching up on much needed rest, and next to her in the chair is 10K reading a sports magazine. At the dining room table Doc and Murphy playing a card game and betting weed. Murphy cackles as he wins yet another round. 

Doc quickly shushes Murphy throwing a worried glace back at the sleeping girl on the couch. "Quiet! We don't want to wake Naya. She'll have both our heads."

"Hey shhh. Hold on, he's back on." Garnett says turning the radio up and sipping his coffee. 

"Friends," Citizen Z's staticky voice screeches through the radio and Doc cringes, "I'm talking about mean weather coming in fast. Some reports of tornados. Find shelter and take cover. It's dangerous out there. More so than usual." His quiet chuckle brings more static. "Now back to the soothing sounds of the apocalypse."

"You know after he was so wrong about that chopper weatherman's a pretty good job for that geek." Murphy mutters, drawing another card and deciding his options on what move to make next. The two laugh, careful not to wake the devil in the other room. 

Speaking of the devil, Cheshire shifts and the blanket that once protected her from the cold falls off her shoulders. 10k, having noticed that the blanket fell, weighs his options. He can either, A, leave her alone and not risk waking her because quite frankly she's very scary when her beauty sleeps interrupted. Or, B, he can cover her back up with the blanket so she doesn't get a cold.

A? Or B? A? B? A? B?

He marks his page in the magazine, deciding that he'd rather deal with a healthy, scary Cheshire than a sick one. Kneeling down in front of her and carefully grabbing the blanket he covers her shoulders, jumping back when she shifts with a groan. But she doesn't wake up, thank God, and snuggles under the warmth of the blankets.

10k sighs and goes back to his magazine. 

Murphy scoffs, shaking his head. "Kid's gonna get himself killed one of these times. That girls scary when she's pissed off."