CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

Murphy Learns the Truth

"He will do what it takes to survive."

=====================================

"What happened to us?" 10k asks rubbing his aching wrists. After Naya had her breakdown, turning the Z handcuffed to Cassandra into nothing more than a pile of brain and cartilage, she picked the locks to all their handcuffs freeing them from the pipe.

Naya with a quiet cheer as she releases Warren says, "we were roofied. It's not very hard just need some sleeping pills. Take the pills, crush them, add them to someone's drink and BOOM! the perfect victim."

"You seem to know an awful lot about this shit, kid." Doc jokes elbowing her in the ribs playfully. "What'd you do, drug someone in high school?"

"Yes." Everyone stopped to look at her, surprised yet not surprised at her blunt response to his question. She raises her brow, "what? It's true. I drugged someone in high school." I'm not proud of it, but I did it, and now I have to live with it." She pauses kicking at the golf tees that litter the floor. 

It was true. She did drug someone in high school. She was at a party, her school had won the playoffs, and the football team held a party at one of their houses to celebrate so her and her two girlfriends went. Naya was never really a big party person in high school, preferring to stay at home where she knows she's safe, but after a rough morning with her parents she decided 'fuck it' what's the worst that could happen?

Apparently, the worst did happen. And although she'll always blame herself for letting it happen, saying that she should've seen it coming and she should've prevented, it was never really her fault to being with.

One of the football players, his name long lost in her seemingly endless memories, gave her a drink with his number written on it, but it wasn't for her. It was for her friend, Megan. He asked her to be his wingman, claiming he had a crush on her for the longest time but too shy to make a move. And she agreed. Megan was thrilled, ditching her friends for the hottest guy in the school, in her opinion at least. 

No one knew the drink was spiked. No one knew he had this planned from the moment they walked through those doors. 

No one knew until the next morning what went on behind closed doors. And Naya will always, always, blame herself for giving her friend the drink. For leaving the party early and going home.

For everything leading up to Megan's death.

"Naya?" She jolts as a gentle hand is placed on her shoulder. Her haunted eyes glance up at her boyfriend, who was staring down at her with worry filling his hazel eyes. "Where'd you go?"

With a snap of her head, desperate to shake the thoughts from her head, she mutters quietly, "a dark place I almost forgot about."

"Are you okay? Is there anything I can do for you to ease your pain?"