CHAPTER TWO

Chapter Two

Chapter Two

Zombies? Nah. We call them Puppies and Kittens in this Universe

"Whatever you do, you must never let the voice in your head control the brain in your heart."

==================================

"There it is." He points to the burnt building just up ahead, his nerves still on edge from what happened just a few minutes beforehand. He's never seen someone react so fast before, and it's the apocalypse. The way Cheshire slammed on the gas and mowed down the Z's that blocked their path, scared him more than anyone will ever know. But, at least now he knows. Her trigger finger is definitely quicker than his could ever be.

The vehicle rolls to a stop, the tires screeching loudly against the scorched pavement. He knew before he even stepped out of the truck that they were all dead. With no guards posted and the fence knocked down, chances of any of them still alive is second to none. "Is it them?" Murphy asks, his patience running thin the longer Hammond just sits in silence. "Hammond-?!"

"Yes...." He mutters quietly. And with his head hung low he steps out of the truck, stepping toward the abandoned vehicle identical to the one he was show before they sent him and Murphy out. "I'm sorry, Michael." He shoots the Z that snarls behind the front seat, the memories that the two of them spent together flooding through his head.

He couldn't save his friend, and now there was no guaranteed way for him to get Murphy to California. He had no backup plan in mind in case this one failed, he was so sure that they'd still be here alive and kicking ass. He was fucked 10 times over, and Cheshire couldn't stop laughing about it.

Of course she didn't laugh out loud but, still, it's hilarious that Hammond thought his friends would still be here after 3 months without contact.

He turns back to the group, keeping his head high and his eyes set on the tasks at hand. Check for survivors, food, water, gas and/or car keys for any of the other vehicles. And then getting Murphy the hell out of here and on his way to California. "My reinforcements are dead. It's time for plan B." Although he didn't necessarily have a plan B in mind before he came here, but he can't let them known that. Especially Cheshire. "We need to make a quick search for survivors and any supplies."

Cheshire hops out of the truck and slams the door behind her, drumming her fingers against her thigh waiting for him to start barking out orders. She knows he's going to do it, and she doesn't plan on listening to him but she just wants to hear what he says. Just in case it was what she was already going to do.

"Warren, Garnett, clear the building." The two hurry toward the building, wanting to get inside before any Z's, or Raiders, saw them. Hammond points to Addy, Doc, and Mac. "You three, check for the vehicles for supplies and load them into the truck." His eyes flicker toward Cheshire, but he says nothing, knowing that she won't listen to him. "You, do whatever you want."