CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

All of Me Is All of You

"You are pressing against me like I press flowers against the pages in my book. You are kissing my neck and it feels like the start of forever. I want to touch you until my palms burn."

=====================================

Addy is gone. Mack is gone.

An almost uncomfortable silence fills the truck. The reality of what happened slowly sinking in like a needle in your arm.

Addy is gone. Mack is gone.

No one wanted to talk about it. Because if you don't address the problem the problem doesn't exist, right? Sadly you can't ignore the problem forever.

Addy is gone. Mack is gone.

Her heart clenched at the realization and she leaned further into 10k. He put his arm around her and gave the top of her head a tender kiss before resting his chin on it.

10k had never been in a relationship before so really the only 'advice' he'd been given was from Hollywood movies and his pa telling him stories about him and his ma. But even though he wasn't 100% sure of what he was doing, he knew he liked to hold her close.

It made him feel like he was protecting her. Like he was her knight in shining armor. Or, better yet, a sniper in a camo top.

The SUV slows to a stop, and Naya leans forward with a huff as they stare at the roadblock preventing them from going into town. She was betting on it too; she ran out of tampons a while back and she needed to top up before her period decided to make an unexpected early visit.

And the last thing she wanted was to be forced to walk around in blood-soaked underwear and pants and then have it harden and be forced to wear it or go commando-

She gagged at the thought. Honestly, she'd rather be eaten by a Z than do either of those.

10k rubs her back to try and comfort her, confused by her sudden nausea. She shakes her head as if to try and say 'don't worry I'm fine' but he wasn't buying it. After everything that just happened with Mack and Addy, he was surprised she hadn't broken down yet like she did when she thought she lost Doc.

She surprisingly calm and it scared him.

"Hang on everyone," Warren says as they take a sharp turn into a hopefully abandoned golf course, "It's gonna be a bumpy ride."

She wasn't kidding. The SUV rocked violently as they slowly etched across the dead grass. "This is so sad." Murphy admits, speaking for the first time since the wonder twins ditched them. Naya was growing to love the silence. But all good things must come to an end eventually. "I learned to play in prison. Always wondered what it'd be like to hang out with the real country club types."