04 - celebrations

You could say Selene Ray was worried.

No.

Selene Ray does not get worried about Potter? She is just annoyed that he is wasting her time.. right?

James Potter was just a person that constantly flirted with her best friend. He also happened to do poorly in muggle studies. She is merely being a good citizen.

Yes, that is it, so what if James is funny? And maybe moderately attractive. That did not matter. All boys are attractive in their own way so what was different about James Potter?

Time had passed and James was now very late.

Where the hell is he?

It was starting to creep close to their next class, soon she would need to leave.

Selene stayed, she looked at her watch and it was thirty minutes until she would absolutely need to leave.

Ten minutes passed.

Where is he?

Twenty minutes passed.

I'm going to kill him.

Twenty-nine minutes passed.

I need to leave.

Suddenly, a red-letter landed in Selene's lap. It was moving up and down, waiting to be opened.

a howler.

"I'm going to kill whoever sent this," Selene muttered to herself.

The letter opened up, and of course, James Potter's voice comes out of it.

"Really sorry, I can't make our study session. Sirius and I were pranked Snivellus, at Minnie G so now I am in her office waiting to be yelled at. Oh, how I feel loved."

Selene scoffed but a tiny very tiny laugh escaped her lips. 'Why am I not surprised?' Selene thought to herself. Maybe because James Potter is known for this? Yes.

-

After dinner, Selene made her way through the portrait hole and into the Gryffindor Common room, to be met by laughs and hollering. People were partying on a Thursday night, really? Friday was tomorrow same as the Gryffindor vs Slytherin quidditch match so why tonight of all nights? What surprised Selene the most out of all of this was that Lily and James were sitting next to each other and, it didn't look like Lily wanted to absolutely pull her hair out and scream. What a confusing night.

Selene walked over to Marlene and Alice in the corner with fire whiskey in their hands talking to one another, "What's all this?" Selene hollered over the music and commotion. "Potter is celebrating!" Alice said while rolling her eyes, "Celebrating? And what are we celebrating exactly?" Selene asked while snatching Marlene's drink from her hand to take a sip.

"Lily finally said yes to James!" Alice squealed

Wow. Selene was not expecting that. Yay Lily! But some very deep part of Selene felt almost jealous and disappointed. Why was she feeling this way? Well, James might steal Lily away from her? No, Lily wouldn't let that happen. So why was Selene feeling like this?

Oh no...

AN: AHHHH!!! Sorry for the short chapter but I wanted to post to get it up and the next few chapters will be... interesting to say the least. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT!!! I would love to hear your thoughts!

What is your Hogwarts house?

LOVE YOU!!!