22 - call it what you want

^*+=" "YOU'RE MAGIC!" "^*+=

SELENE ABSOLUTELY DESPISED THE WAR. She was a proud pacifist, she never planned on ever partaking in any of it. It was not her nature, she didn't want to kill, no matter how horrible the person.

That's why she no longer reads the profit. It was depressing to read about all the deaths and mayhem going on. Call it what you want to, but she got way too sad about all the trouble happening.

Call it ignorant or cowardly but she would deal with it when it comes time. She couldn't run forever.

Besides, in her heart, Selene was a true Gryffindor. She did not need to prove it.

"Why has it come to this?" Marlene frowned,
looking up from her paper at the table. "Nope!" Selene said, covering her ears. "You have to keep updated with the war, Sel," Lily said, as she piled as many treacle tarts in her mouth as possible. "I am just fine staying blissfully ignorant." Selene sarcastically smiled.

Before Lily could respond, Alice came bustling into the great hall with a wide smile upon her face, "You look happy." Marlene commented.

"Oh, I am!" Alice squealed happily, she held out her hand, showing a shining ring. "Frank just gave me a promise ring!"

Lily practically shrieked, "Oh, Alice!" she said, matching Alice's expression. "It is beautiful."

Marlene and Selene gave each other a look as to say, Ick, love. But quickly nodded along with Lily's statement. It was quite beautiful just like the couple.

.....

"How do you not get it?" Selene asked, with a look of disbelief. "Why would you not want to fight?" Sirius asked.

The older black brother approached her after

"I would much rather use my words." Selene hummed, she truly didn't see the big deal of not wanting to fight. "But you're Gryffindor!" Sirius shrieks. "I know," she rolls her eyes, "But I will never kill, not even death eaters."

"And just because I don't want to fight doesn't make me any less of a Gryffindor as you," Selene said, giving Sirius a look. He put his hands up in defense, "I never said you were!"

"It was implied," Selene replied. In all honesty, if someone had commented to her like that a year ago she would have gone into a crisis, wondering if they were right. "Sorry, Lady Ray."
He bowed jokingly.

.....

It had been a while since Selene had seen her old friend: Regulus Black. Their friendship had been very on and off over the last couple of years. From the fact that Selene is muggle-born and the younger black brother's family's view on not all magic families to Selene's problems.

The two are the definition of unpractical.

The Gryffindor and Slytherin don't get to see each other very often. Regulus was unlike his brother, he didn't talk back to his parents. He did what he was supposed to, and met his parents' expectations were of him. Selene was happy most of the time and Regulus wasn't.

The two had something in common that they immediately bonded over: sarcasm! (why need any other reason to be friends?)

The two in the fifth year were very very close. It was a friendship filled with jokes and dark humor. (the dark humor coming from Reggie.) Another thing the two friends shared a mutual mastery in was advice.

"I'm not sure what to do," Selene grumbled, the two were sat somewhere in the forbidden forest where nobody would spot them. "Just be honest." Regulus responded calmly, "Potter  is mad if he gets overly angry."

"Hopefully James is cool about it," Selene said, looking at the cornish pixies playing with each other in front of the pair. "He will be. He seems like an okay bloke from what I have noticed with my brother."

Selene's eyes softened, "Do you miss him? Sirius I mean." Regulus chuckled softly, "All the time."

"He does too," Selene started, reaching an arm over to his shoulder to pat him gently, "I know it."

"I hope so," Regulus whispered.

.....

The young girl laughed brightly, running through the garden. She was chasing butterflies through the yard. Their nimble wings flying flawlessly as the small child chased them. Their wings were painted with vibrant colors, the young girl was always drawn to them.

"Sel! Lily is here!" Her mother, Marie Ray yelled from the sliding glass. Selene Ray, eight years old stopped abruptly with a bright smile on her face as she scanned for the green-eyed girl. The young Lily Evans ran out into the yard to join her best friend. "Lilypoos!" Selene greeted her warmly, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm coming over for the afternoon and then going over to Severus' for the night. My mum and dad are out of town and Petunia are at her friend's house." Lily replied simply, as she sat down on the grass starting to pick dandelions. Selene's nose scrunched up as she blew a raspberry in response (very mature!).

"You should give him a chance!" Lily cried out, "He is different, but once you get to know him. He is sweet!"

"Sevvy has a big crush on you!" Selene squealed, joining Lily on the ground to pick dandelions with her. "Maybe you can give him some of these." she held up some of the small "flowers".

The red head huffed, "He does not! We are just close friends, like you and I."

Selene laughed, "Whatever you say!"

The girl looked around, making sure no parents or neighbors were watching. "Lils," she whispered, leaning closer to the ginger. "I am magic, want to see?" 

Lily's eyes widened, a grin spreading upon her small face, "Oh my goodness! Yes!"

Selene set down the dandelions and looked up at Lily. She focused her eyes on the girl's face, her eyes narrowed slightly in concentration. She held eye contact with the green eyes beauty for a few seconds before abruptly looking away, "You are thinking about the book you were reading this morning."

Lily pulled her head back in shock for a second, "Woah!" she breathed, "You are magic!"

Selene shot up in her bed, breathing heavily. Confused at the memory coming back to her via a dream.

.....

note: that flashback scene is important! make sure you read it. sorry for the late update!

love u!