31 - euphemia potter

A fortnight had passed. Selene and James were being a sickeningly sweet couple. The messy-haired boy would pull her into empty corridors or deserted classrooms for stolen kisses or to talk. They would hold hands in the corridors, exchange notes during potions.

James would attempt to string Selene in on pranks to her refusal. Sirius thought it amusing to nickname the brunette as "Prongs's Girly" and "Fawn" much to her dismay and constant negative comments on the name.

When Selene had told Marlene the girl gave her a smirk and a high five and told her to "get that bag!"

When Alice found out she engulfed the girl in a big hug. Telling the girl they needed to go on a double date soon.

Finally when Selene had told Lily who was the last person she told. Lily got quite for a second and then spoke up. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I just did." Selene said. Lily pursed her lips, "No, why didn't you tell me when you first liked him?"

"Again, I did. Well, you more of found out, but you were the first person I told. Other than Alice."

"No I am not talking about that." Lily shook her head, "I think you liked him before. I always noticed the look on your face when he would ask me out. I always thought it was annoyance, matching mine. But now you are dating him?"

"Wait," Selene paused, "You don't like him, right?"

"No! No! Ew." Lily scrunched her face up in disgust. "I just cannot fathom why him? He is an arrogant toe-rag and now you like him. I just could never so I've been trying to process it the last few days. And then I thought "Hey! Maybe he isn't bad if your best friend likes him!" So, then I tried to have a conversation with him, like normal. He didn't flirt or do anything at all but I brought up quidditch and I know nothing about it! I can't bond with him."

Selene's face softened, "I thought you were mad! I'm sure you will find something at some point, don't worry."

"Of course not!" Lily smiled, "I am happy for you. He is definitely a step up from Aiden."

It was the last day of sixth year. Selene was relieved that she had scored excellent in her grades. The girl received all O's, surprisingly. Even out doing Lily who got an E in DADA.

It was the final meal before they were to go off on the train ride home. Euphemia had already owled Selene telling her to come stay the first week of the summer holidays which Selene excepted.

To her relief when she walked over to the Gryffindor table all the marauders were sitting together. "Forgiven, eh?" Selene nodded towards Remus and Sirius sitting together. She sat down next to James who greeted her with a smile. "Yes." Remus mumbled.

"Finally." Selene whispered, picking up a piece of toast and spreading a thin layer of blueberry jam on it. "I have to take summer classes." Peter groaned, shoving as many pumpkin pasties into his mouth as he could fit. "I got a two A's and then the rest a mix of P's and T's."

"That sucks, Pete, I'm sorry." Selene shot him a comforting smile.

"We will study." Remus told the blonde haired boy.

"Fawn!" Sirius spoke up for the first time that morning. "I cannot wait to live with you for a week!"

Selene blinked and then pursed her lips. She had not thought about that yet. "On second thought, James. I can't stay with you, I am busy. Sorry!" James rolled his eyes, "Padfoot will behave! Or I will write Moony."