05 - snogging air

How could this happen? That is a question Selene Ray asked herself. Why was there a bubbling of jealousy in her stomach? And why for James Potter? The man who has been chasing after her best friend for years, who has now even caught her best friend.

Oh, merlin. Selene thought to herself.

Marlene and Alice must have noticed her disappointment and realization etched onto her fece. Selene's eyes were widened with horror, absolute horror. The only thing running through her mind was: why?

And now to make matters worse Lily likes him too!

"You good there Selene?" Marlene asked, looking a little concerned, reaching a hand out to rest on the brunettes arm.

"Me? Psh yeah, I'm fine, very peachy!" Selene replied, in a higher tone than normal.

"You look like you have seen a ghost," Alice laughed though you could see a layer of concern under it.

"I'm just...tired." Selene sighed while faking a yawn.

"Go to sleep then?" Marlene suggested

"Yes, I will do that I think."

-

Selene was now pacing in her shared dormitory, Oh god how did this come to be? James was the stupid prat who could not catch a hint that his feelings for Lily were very unrequited. But now they weren't unrequited. Lily had fallen for the likes of James Potter. How could she judge Lily? Selene had seen the good of him, or had she?

Selene had always wanted a relationship, she was jealous of the fact that Lily found one before her not that it was James Potter who she is now going out with. Yes, the fact she is in a relationship, right?

She desperately wanted to stop thinking about this matter, at least for tonight. She slumped down onto her bed and started to read her comfort book.

Selene was happily reading, in fact, she was at her favorite chapter of the book. Until Lily Evans, the woman of the hour came walking into the dormitory. At this moment Selene decided something, she wasn't going to be envious, she is going to be happy for her best friend this was a win for Lily.

"Why don't you come down and join the party?" Lily asked while tying her dark red hair up into a dark blue silk scrunchie. Selene looked up from her book to see her best friend looking at her waiting for a response, "Okay."

Selene Ray was a lot of things but, a person who shuts herself up in her room because of a boy?

Never.

-

"Let's play spin the bottle!" Sirius yelled over to the crowd.

The party had calmed down by now considering it was ten on a Thursday night, so the spin-the-bottle circle consisted of, Selene, Lily, Marlene, Alice, James, Sirius, Remus, Peter, and a sixth-year Gryffindor named Charlie Mclaughlin.

Selene groaned but joined anyways.

Sirius went first the empty bottle spun a few times almost landing on Alice but ending on Remus Lupin.

Both boys went red in the face but leaned in and quickly pecked each other on the lips, "I think they secretly enjoyed that," Selene whispered over to Marlene who in return cackled.

Remus then spun the bottle only for it to land on the one and only: Sirius Black, again.

"Oh my god," Marlene laughed out loud, "Remmy is wanting another, what a show!" Selene who was taking a drink of butterbeer snorted it out at an unexpecting Peter, "Pucker up Black!"

Once again, Remus and Sirius kissed, this one lasting longer. At this point Marlene and Selene were very entertained, "How long until they realized their undying love, do we think? Selene whisper-shouted "A week?" Marlene replied "Fair."

Marlene and Selene had been going back and forth for what must have been a while because everyone was now looking at them, "What? We are simply debating!" Marlene laughed "Alright Black, I'm going now so we don't have to see you and Remus kiss back and forth."

Even though Selene had known Sirius for years and the two considered each other good friends. They still called each other by their surnames as an inside joke.

Selene leaned forward and spun the bottle, it spun around the circle of people finally landing in between Lily Evans and James Potter. Well Godric, was the only thought going through Selene's head. "I guess I'm snogging air!" Selene laughed awkwardly

AN: that last paragraph gives me second-hand embarrassment AHH help anyways next chapter is... Woah