07 - talk

Selene's weekend was very nice, apart from constant studying. Of course, she spent time with the girls, Lily, Alice, and Marlene. they had their monthly discussion on boys or girls and who they liked or fancied, Alice only talked about Frank and how sweet he was. Heartwarming, but she liked to know the juicy stuff. Marlene, well, she just talked about too many girls to the point that Selene cannot even recount the names of them, but hey, go Mar! Lily talked about how annoying James was with his constant flirting, I would kill for him to flirt with me. She quickly shook her head with a cringe: Lily then talked about a sweet Hufflepuff she met in the courtyard when she dropped her book. Blah, blah, blah... And finally, we have Selene. she talked about the Ravenclaw, Edward Chang she met at the Gryffindor losing party. He is very nice. What she wanted to talk about was James and these feelings she has been feeling lately, but not in front of Lily.

And now she was sitting in the courtyard doing homework with Lily in their free period, she was just finishing up her paper for Muggle Studies when a certain Ravenclaw appears in front of me, "Fancy seeing you here," She smiled, it is the courtyard. Edward seemed to catch her awkwardness and just laughed, "Ah, well it is the courtyard!" She looked down at her feet in embarrassment. Already getting flustered. Selene looked back up to see his eyes soften, he must have noticed that she had felt embarrassed because he then adds, "I don't come here often though, I normally walk or study more by the black lake."

Merlin, how sweet is he? "Well it is nice to see you anyway," Selene flashed a friendly smile at him. She truly did like Edward, he seemed nice and was very smart being in Ravenclaw and all. Edward returned the friendly smile, "Say, would you want to maybe accompany me at the next Hogsmede trip?" It felt like her heart glowed, but halfheartedly. Her mind was elsewhere

It took a minute for her to respond.
She got knocked out of her thoughts when Lily nudged her shoulder to respond to Edward. "Oh... Yes, I would love to, Edward." Selene beamed, but again halfheartedly. She did like Edward a lot. Just maybe not in the way he liked her.

It was now dinner time and Selene was sitting next to Lily and Remus, Marlene was probably off snogging someone in a broom closet. Alice, ogling after Frank or studying. "Have you two started the book I picked for this month yet?" Selene asked curiously, Lily, Remus, and she had formed a book club back in the second year, all three of them enjoy reading immensely. They take turns picking a book, each getting to pick one every two months. This month, September belonging to Selene; It is rather difficult to keep up the book club during the summer, so we pre-pick books and read them for 'summer reading' without a conversation about it. She always looks forward to their talks afterward.

"Yes, I like it so far," Remus commented, The book she chose is one of her forever favorites. Selene would have had them read it earlier but she didn't have three copies of it. I looked down at my bookbag and saw the cover of  'One Hundred Years Of Solitude'. "It is great!" Lily squealed while passing me a treacle tart, she knows her like she knows her mind. That's what happens when you have been best friends with someone, you know and understand each other very well. It is times like these where she thinks that possibly Lily wouldn't mind if she had a very very teensy tiny crush on James Potter. Then again there is also no way. Besides, he could ever like her like that, and neither could she. It was a tiny crush that would pass. He is completely and utterly in love with Lily.

Even if James went completely mental and liked her back. Selene could never do that to Lily.

My mind then pops over to someone, someone who I could maybe talk to about this. I can't talk to one of the girls about this, I just can't. What if they tell Lily? I need to be the first person to tell her if these feelings progress. Even though Lily did share the feelings, she was her best friend for godric sake!

Selene got up from her seat next to Lily and made her way over to him, "Hey? Where are you going?" Lily asks she grabbed onto my arm to prevent her from leaving. "Just going to talk to er someone," Selene said,  giving her a reassuring grin. "Oh okay well-" but before she could say anything else Selene was gone. She approached the end of the Gryffindor table and turned to the next table, the Slytherin table. where a familiar black-haired boy sat by the name of, Regulus Black.

AN: Happy Posting Day! (Monday) This is my favorite chapter so far :)

Thoughts?