Chapter 4

I already lost of count on how many times did Tito apologized to us, two weeks ago. He was so embarassed of how his son insulted my mother. He even kneeled in front of us while saying sorry.

'I'm very sorry of what my son did, Olivia. I didn't expect he would disrespect and insult you like that. I'll take responsibility of everything. That kid acts like a trash since then. At alam kong ako ang dapat masisi rito dahil ako ang Ama. I'll accept anything and everything from you, Honey. Just, please... don't leave me. Wag naman sanang umabot sa puntong magbago na ang isip mo at hindi na matuloy ang kasalan. Honestly, I don't know what will I do if that happens. I love you, and i'll surely go crazy without you.'

Of course, Mom will not let 'what happened that night' ruin their relationship. Although she got hurt and upset, she didn't let her emotions affect her rational mind. Mas matimbang parin ang pagmamahal nya kay Tito.

She said she understands him anyway. Sa sitwasyon raw kasi ni Raven ay hindi pa nito masyadong natatanggap na wala na ang kanilang ina. Masakit parin sakanya ang pag-aasawang muli ng kanyang ama.

Other woman could have ended up everything that night. But mom was different, her love for him still remains the same even after what happened.

Kasalukuyan akong nakaupo at sumisimsim ng wine habang pinagmamasdan ang masayang paligid. As expected, Mom won the elections, as well as my Uncle.

Malakas sila sa taong bayan, maybe because they're not similar to other politicians. One thing that I admired from them is they were loyal and honest servers of the country. Hindi sila mga buwayang magnanakaw ng kaban ng bayan. They didn't entered politics to steal people's money like some politicians do. They did it to continue our family's and legacy and extend our influence.

In other words, to earn more and more power.

Hindi ang politika ang nagbigay ng karangyaan sa buhay namin. Iyon ay ang mga negosyong pinanalalago ng aming pamilya mula pa saaming mga ninuno.

With or without politics, we're financially stable.

They both organized this celebration party and invited a lot of people, most of them are allies in politics.

The music was good, everyone looks good too. Halos lahat ng mga dumalo ay nakasuot ng kulay lila — from gowns to tuxedoes — a way of showing their support and connection to each other. Iyon rin kasi ang kulay ng partidong kinabibilangan nina Mom.

Of course, Tito Freddy was here too. Kasama ito ni Mom na nakatayo ngayon at masayang nakikipag-usap sa mga tao.

"They look so happy, aren't they?" It was Dale sitting next to me. He was talking about my Mom and Uncle.

"I will be like them too, Dale." Tukoy ko sa pamilya ko.

"So, you are planning to follow your Mom's footsteps someday huh?" He asked teasingly.