Chapter 3 - Meeting the Bad Batch Pt. 2

When Callista woke up about an hour later, she expected to be locked up or at the very least have restraints on her wrists. But when she opened her eyes she was greeted with the afternoon sun shining on her face. 
Callista groaned quietly as her retinas burned from unintentionally looking at the yellow orb and used her right hand to shield her face. This simple movement was enough to set her arm on fire as the cut on her forearm screamed in pain. Callista had ignored the wound for the past couple of days and she knew it must be infected.

That's what the medical supplies were for. 
Callista's eyes widened and she was quick to sit up and look around for her bag. She could care less about where she is, but that bag was her entire life. It held all of her worldly possessions. 

"Look who's finally awake." A low, husky voice quipped. Callista's head snapped to the left where the voice came from and looking up she scowled when she saw Hunter sitting on a crate that she hadn't noticed was there, casually twirling a vibroblade with his fingers

Callista strained her aching body as she got onto her feet. She glared at the man. 

"Where's my bag?" Callista internally winced at how hoarse her voice was. Hunter motioned to behind her with his chin and turning she spotted her bag in the hands of another man whom Callista didn't recognize.  This one was also wearing armor, but unlike the others his was white, but had some red markings on it like his comrades had to somewhat match.

Anger went through her as she watched him take out something from the bag, inspect it through the round goggles he wore over his eyes and then set it aside in a pile of other things he's already looked at. Callista saw her clothes thrown haphazardly aside, which she had purposely packed over her more precious items to hide them. Looks like Goggles didn't let that stop him from rummaging through her stuff. 

Callista stomped over just as he pulled another thing out, which happened to be a weapon she made. She yanked the bag out of the man's hands and he startled, too focused on his task to realize the owner had woken up. 

"Didn't your mom tell you it's rude to look through other people's stuff?" Callista said coldly while snatching the weapon from him. It was her own version of an expandable baton, but what made hers unique was the extra button on the side at the bottom. While one was used to expand the baton, the other did something different. When pressed, three fourths of the metal stick would have electricity crackle from it, minus the bottom part where the buttons were. 

(Weapon pictured above

(Weapon pictured above.)

The goggled man didn't seem put off by Callista's gruff demeanor. He was still fixated on the weapon that Callista dropped into her bag while kneeling to gather her other things. 

"Did you make that yourself?" He asked Callista. The latter briefly gave him a weird look but chose to remain silent. But this only gave the man an opportunity to talk more, "I didn't see a name for a manufacturer. And I am curious as to what the extra button is for. Does it make the baton exceed the standard 32 inches that is usually the max length for these weapons? In which case it would be more like a staff than a baton."