Chapter 35 - The Senator

I've got a surprise in this chapter for you all! A couple of awesome and beloved characters will be making an appearance. 😏  And OMG, 15K reads! That's crazy! Thank you guys so much!

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

The trip to Coruscant was uneventful. They took a shuttle- they being Scar, Jace, and the clone captain.

Scar thought she'd be staying at one of the barracks where the Coruscant Guard was housed, but Jace surprised her by saying he'd made other arrangements for her.

"You didn't have to do this." Scar told the young jedi as they sat in the back of a taxi on the way to the location Jace had yet to reveal. "I could've put up with the regs for a couple nights."

"I know, but you've been through a lot recently and I figured this could be a way of showing my thanks for helping us on the mission."

"A medal would have been just fine." They had been told they'd receive metals for the recent mission, but her squadmates turned it down as it wasn't really their thing. Scar on the other hand would have liked to get a metal, as it would be a visual reminder that she'd done something good. And maybe boost her ego a little bit.

"Well, the boys said they didn't want theirs so I figured that meant you too. I'll let the captain know you want yours."

"Don't worry about it, it's not that important. I was just teasing you." Jace nodded and it grew silent for a moment until Scar asked a question, "Any chance you can tell me where exactly I'm staying?"

"Hmm? Oh! Yeah - sorry. Uh, you'll be staying with my cousin. She's a Senator for our home planet and has a penthouse here on Coruscant. She said she'd be happy to have some company. A break from uptight Senators and other Political figures."

"Not sure how a clone could be considered better company." Scar commented while looking out the window, and through the window's reflection she saw Jace look at her with an unreadable expression when she said that. Before he could ask a question, she did. "Where exactly are you from?"

"Naboo. I was brought to the temple when I was three."

"I thought Jedi were taken away from their families and then not allowed to have any contact with them. And now you're telling me you have a cousin and that you're in contact with her?"

"It's not exactly an actual rule that you can't be in contact with them. Just more of a - a principle." Jace clarified and Scar hummed, taking in all this new information.

"Well, I'm not exactly a stickler for rules so you don't have to worry about me telling you what's right and what's wrong." She joked, causing Jace to chuckle in amusement.

"You're always one to speak your mind aren't you?" Was his reply to that, and Scar to her surprise found herself becoming slightly nervous at his words. Hunter - and others - have stated similar things yet it didn't affect her as much as it did now. Did Jace find it off-putting when she spoke without a filter?

"Is that a bad thing?" She asked back, dreading his response.

"I didn't say that." Scar looked at him with confusion now.

"Then what are you saying?" Jace sighed and shook his head.

"I'm not sure." Scar nodded slowly and the conversation ended there, though she was still confused about Jace's earlier remark and what exactly he meant by it.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Scar had to keep her jaw from dropping as they entered the Senator's luxurious penthouse - of course any place that wasn't a small ship she shared with four messy guys was immediately luxurious in Scar's opinion. The place was huge, modern, and definitely befitting of a Senator. She definitely felt out of place and was at least thankful she'd chosen to travel in regular clothes and not her dirty, scratched up armor that needed to be cleaned before the funeral.