Chapter 42 - Exploring

Ok, this has the same beginning as the old chapter but the rest is different!

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Wrecker got up before Scar the next morning, as the night before they went to sleep Tech had requested that he help him do some work on the ship and wanted to get an early start in the day. The giant clone didn't want to wake Scar up as she looked so peaceful sleeping, so he instead gingerly lifted her from the floor and tucked her into bed so she could catch a few more winks before getting up for the day.

Scar awoke about an hour later and didn't even bother to change or run a brush through her hair as she made her way to the dining room that was empty, but the servants had just begun setting out the breakfast and there was fresh caf made, which the teen made a beeline for, the aroma already helping her to wake up. Her eyes were still half closed as she poured herself a cup, and then made her way to the table, pulling out a chair and quietly she began sipping the nice, warm caf.

She was alone for only a minute before Jace made an entrance, and he paused at the doorway when his eyes set on Scar and her disheveled appearance. In her half asleep state, she'd forgotten that it wasn't just her squad here in the house, who she'd grown comfortable enough to be so casual with. Jace caught a glimpse of the real her, and after briefly smiling to himself as he thought she looked adorable even with her wrinkled clothes and hair that was like a mynoch's nest, he fully entered the dining room.

"Morning." He said cheerfully, to cheerfully in Scar's opinion as she definitely wasn't a morning person. She waved a lazy hand in his direction while lifting the mug to her lips.

"Morning." she mumbled with much, much less enthusiasm than Jace before taking a drink of the caf. While she was doing this it registered that the other person in the room wasn't one of her brothers and she remembered how she hadn't tidied up, and she proceeded to snort into her drink which in turn made her begin to choke. Scar began violently coughing and Jace quickly rushed to her side, asking in a panic if she was alright while patting her on the back, as if that would help. At the contact Scar immediately stood up and Jace withdrew his hand and continued to watch hopelessly as Scar coughed and hacked for a solid minute.

"Are you ok?" He asked once most of the coughing had stopped and Scar nodded, clearing her throat after.

"Yeah - I'm fine - just saw a... a bug." She lied in between coughs, and Jace looked at her with mild suspicion, but he seemed to reluctantly buy the fib, much to Scar's relief. She cleared her throat again, more forcefully this time as she willed the blush to leave her face.

Scar excused herself soon after, leaving a baffled Jace while she went to make herself look more presentable. When she returned fifteen minutes later, Scar quickly fixed herself a plate - making sure to tell a nearby servant to send a message to the cook thanking him for the meal as she felt that he probably didn't get thanked enough for his job and his cooking so far had been amazing. Jace's chair was close by where Scar talked to the servant and a small smile made its way onto his face at the girl's kindness, adding it to the list of things he liked about her.

Once Scar had claimed the seat across the table from his, Jace spoke up. While she'd been gone Jace had been working up the courage to ask if they could hang out today as he wanted to spend some one-on-one time with her. He decided it was now or never.

"Hey uh, do you have anything planned for today?" Scar shook her head.

"Not really. Why?" Jace shrugged while pushing around the food on his plate, suddenly finding it difficult to look the girl in the eye, which didn't go unnoticed.