Chapter 39 - The Next Morning Pt. 2

Once the Bad Batch sent Scar the address of where they docked, she gathered up her things and went to bid goodbye to Jace and Padmé. Scar decided she'd probably... scarred Jace enough in the two days they spent together.

"I'm uh, sorry about what happened last night. I probably made a bad impression on you," Scar looked from Padmé to Jace, "- both of you. I'm sorry." Padmé reached out to place a hand on Scar's shoulder, giving her a sympathetic smile.

"It's alright. We've all done things that we regret." Scar looked at Padmé with awe, the woman continuing to surprise her over and over. She decided to voice her appreciation.

"I want to thank you for the kindness you've shown me in the last two days." Scar said and she smiled a little as well, "If you ever need help, feel free to contact my squad."

"I will. And it's the same for you. You'll always have a friend in the Senate." Scar nodded and then focused on Jace, though neither knew what to say. Jace spoke first.

"I, uh, appreciate you coming to the funeral. Having a friend there made it more... bearable." Scar tilted her head curiously at the term friend, not knowing that the young Jedi considered her one. Besides the Bad Batch, she didn't really have anyone else that could be considered a friend and vice versa there was probably no one that thought of her as friend material.

"Y-Yeah, no problem." Scar replied, cursing herself for stuttering. There was an unspoken tension between the pair, as Jace had loads of questions he wanted to ask Scar about yesterday, and it was the same for the latter, though neither were brave enough to bring it up.

Padmé was of course oblivious to this, only seeing two teenagers acting awkwardly with each other and this made her smile knowingly. The bashful smiles and general awkwardness was a tell-tale sign for the woman and it brought back memories of her and Anakin's time on Naboo.

Padmé could tell that Jace had a thing for the female clone and he practically admitted it during their little discussion. It was unclear whether or not Scar felt the same way as she was more reserved about her feelings, but Padmé had an inkling that she might feel something deep down and it just needed to be coaxed out.

She found herself feeling sorry for the pair, as the chances of them seeing each other again was slim, what with the war going on. If only there was some way for them to spend more time together...

Padmé then remembered something and in less than five seconds concocted a plan.

"Hey, I'm going back to Naboo in about a month." Padmé told the pair, and they looked at her curious as to why she brought it up. If only they knew the real reason... "I was going to go alone, but why don't you two join me? And your squad, if they want to. You can take a break from the war and I'd really enjoy the company."

"Really?" Jace asked and when Padmé nodded he smiled, and Scar "I haven't been to Naboo since I came to live at the temple. A visit would be great!" Padmé chuckled at his enthusiasm.

"I figured you'd like it. How about you Scar?" The female clone shrugged, not too keen on the idea. But she didn't want to hurt Padmé's feelings.

"I'm not sure. Our squad moves around a lot and we don't always know when we'll get our next mission."

"Then I'll send in a request for you to join me as bodyguards." Scar still looked unsure, "I won't take no for an answer. I'll make the necessary arrangements and contact you once it's all sorted."

"I guess I can't argue with a Senator." Scar said with a light chuckle and Padmé confirmed this, and if she were immature she'd do an evil laugh as the two teens had no idea what she had planned.