Chapter 4 - Commandeering the Havoc Marauder

Morning came and Callista was still wide awake despite not sleeping. She did rest a little, but didn't let herself fall completely asleep. Callista worried that if she had fallen asleep, the clones could have taken the chance to hand her off to a bounty Hunter and she would have woken up in an actual jail cell.

She's always been able to fight sleep off for a few days if it was needed, and wasn't sure why it was so easy for her to do so. The first couple nights on the planet she did sleep because her body needed to rest to heal from the crash landing. So Callista knew she'd be fine for a couple more days, and hopefully by then she would have escaped from this nightmare.

Callista didn't know it was morning until Tech came to check on her per Hunter's order. She wondered if any of the other members of the squadron had issues with being given orders by their brother.

When the door slid open and light flooded into the closet, Callista verbally protested by groaning.

Tech ignored this and offered use of the refresher, which Callista obviously accepted, with the request of her back pack that had extra clothes and a comb.

She didn't realize how dirty she actually was until she looked in the small mirror above the equally small sink. There was dirt and grime on her face and neck, and her hair was like a mynocks nest.

Callista cleaned up a bit by splashing water on her face and then she changed into some clean clothes. The clothes she wore now were the same ones she crash landed on this planet with. She also ran a comb through her dark brown hair. That was all she could do really, but the fresh clothes and brushed hair that was put into a side braid made Callista feel so much better already.

It appears Tech must have been assigned to watch Callista because when she exited the bathroom he was still there, annoyed but ready with the binders to put back on her wrists.

Tech wasn't so enthusiastic about being left with a sassy teenager, but Hunter pulled the Sargeant card and he was forced to comply.
The two went into the cockpit where Tech was running a diagnostic scan of the ship. Callista sat boredly in the co-pilot chair, wishing someone would shoot her and put her out of her misery. Sitting and doing nothing was torture for the girl.

Callista sighed and decided to put her legs up to rest on the console, making Tech frown. He snapped his fingers at her.

"Feet. Off." He ordered and Callista rolled her eyes but set her feet back on the ground just as Hunter walked in.

"How's it going in here?"

"I'm running a final scan to make sure everything is alright for take off. We should be ready in about five minutes." Tech informed. Hunter nodded while Callista was taken aback. She didn't realize they'd be leaving the planet today.

"Good." Hunter did a side glance at Callista who was too distracted by the sudden news to notice and cleared his throat uncomfortably, "And uh, what about the other thing?" He asked in a quieter voice.

"If you're referring to the bounty hunters, I've contacted a few but none are willing to come so far out, or even meet halfway." Tech informed in a normal tone, making Hunter roll his eyes. But Tech continued, "Unfortunately the price on her head isn't worth flying all the way here. It would barely pay for the fuel." Hunter pondered this and Callista watched him from the corner of her vision, wondering what he'd say. He sighed.

"Then I guess we'll have to take her to Coruscant ourselves. I checked, we have enough fuel. I'll tell the other guys we're preparing for take off."

"I'm so glad you guys think I'm worth the trip. But I wouldn't expect a medal if I were you."

"Don't be ridiculous. Clones don't receive medals for turning in delinquent teenagers." Tech said, not seeming to hear the sarcasm in her tone.