Chapter 41 - Vacay on Naboo

Ok, I took down this chapter and added the scene with Wrecker into this one at the end. There's nothing else new about it! Just thought that scene fit better into this chapter!!

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Scar descended the ramp ahead of the others and greeted Padmé with a small smile which the Senator and Jace reciprocated while the others joined them, and Scar began introductions.

"Uh Senator, this is Sergeant Hunter," the clone nodded in greeting and Padme did the same while saying "hello", "Tech, Crosshair, Wrecker," Those three did similar greetings like their leader and Padmé welcomed them as well then gestured to the house behind her.

"I've had rooms prepared for you all. If you follow me, I'll take you to them and then we can have lunch." The group began making their way off of the landing pad and up the path to the house's entrance. Tech couldn't help himself and wormed his way through the group until he was at the Senator's side where he began going off on a tangent about all the information he knew about the place.

"I don't suppose we can have a tour of the house. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but several centuries ago the late poet Omar Berenko used to reside on this estate. Then one night while he was out on the balcony overlooking the lake, he mysteriously disappeared and was never heard or seen again. At least that is what the locals think, there are plenty of other fascinating theories such as -"

"Pace yourself Tech, or you'll lose things to talk about before the day is even over and then we'll have to leave." Crosshair interrupted crudely, and Tech's cheeks flushed while he muttered out an apology to the Senator, who shook her head while continuing to smile, not appearing to be the least bit annoyed at Tech's rambling.

"No apology needed." She assured him, "I'm surprised at your extensive knowledge of this place." After looking over his shoulder to give Crosshair a smug look, to which the sniper rolled his eyes, Tech directed his attention back to the woman beside him and pulled out his signature data pad.

"I did some research on our way here."

"Well, I'd be happy to oblige you with a tour and if you're interested, I can show you Berenko's journals that contain the original writing of his poems, along with some that were never shared with the public due to the controversy of their topics."

"Sounds like heaven for Tech." Hunter quipped good-naturedly, nevertheless happy that his younger brother would be enjoying himself during their break.

"Jokes aside, I'd be most interested in seeing these journals. Thank you."

While Tech continued going on and on about different subjects - the others semi listening while also taking in the sights - Jace took the opportunity to slow his stride until he was alongside Scar who brought up the rear of the group. Even though they weren't on a mission, Scar did this out of habit that way the two people with enhanced senses were based at the front and back of the group, one to scout ahead for trouble and the other made sure they weren't being followed.

"Hey." Scar startled a bit, not realizing she had company as she'd been too busy looking at the lake surrounding them. After composing herself she put on a small smile.

"Hey." She said back, not knowing what else to say and there was an awkward pause as neither knew what to say next. Jace's eyes drifted to her hair which was noticeably different from the last time he saw it. The brown part of her hair was now a bright shade of red and the blonde was all that remained of her natural hair color. He had to admit he rather liked the change, it seemed to add to her overall edginess that he liked about her.