Interlude 6

If Karma was going to be honest, Sawada Tsunayoshi kind of interested him.

The brunette was small--somehow a bit shorter than Nagisa--and he looked like a gentle tap on the shoulder would make him jump up to the crescent that replaced the original shape of the moon in fear. He was one of the most skittish teens Karma had met in a while (sometimes he would scare him for fun--he just couldn't help it!), but the guy could be very intimidating at times (it was usually when some stupid student from the classes above would try to get under an E Class student's skin. His eyes would change color, like there was a fire burning in them; it was pretty striking, the way his whole being could adjust to certain situations).

Tsuna never really sticks out, he blends into the background, and despite his meek demeanor, Karma can't help but compare him to a predator stalking his prey. Similar to how Nagisa is, but it seemed to be more like the food chain, how some animals reign higher over overs. Tsuna was a lion sneaking up on his prey before chasing after it, continuously going and pushing on for it until he succeeds or cannot go on any longer. No one would expect that from a guy like Tsuna, but Karma knows that exactly how he is.

The guy also seem to hold many secrets, or at least hold a bunch of things in his past. He would get this far-away look sometimes, one that would sometimes bring a twinge of curiosity and sympathy to Karma because of how sad it is. He noticed how hesitant Tsuna is when he goes to talk to anyone really, like he's debating on whether or not to even bother going up to them, almost like he believes he'll be a bother and not an equal friend or classmate. Karma knows that Tsuna transferred from another town, one that was quite a bit away and not really known, but boy does he want to know what the hell happened there to make Tsuna the way he is.

"How interesting."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

(And if he found the brunette endearing, almost... cute, there wasn't any need to let anyone know.)

1.1 pages · 372 words

June 2nd, 2021

Hiiiii I wrote this on the spot as a parting gift. And I gave the Karma x Tsuna shippers a little bite to eat.

Thank you for reading!