Interlude 3

Disclaimer: Katekyo Hitman Reborn and Assassination Classroom do not belong to me, they belong to their respected owners. Thank you!

Pock!

For some reason, Takeshi couldn't get it out of his mind.

Pock!

That moment...

Pock!

That sad but understanding smile...

Pock!

He just couldn't get it out of his mind.

Pock!

He almost missed that ball.

Oh well.

Pock!

That one too...

Pock!

Yamamoto narrows his eyes, a few beads of sweat trailing down his face. He quickly makes sure that his stance is correct, tightly gripping the bat. It had been a while since he could focus his attention fully on his favorite sport, baseball. His attention had mostly been on... Sawada Tsunayoshi.

Shmm!

Ah.

It seems he missed that one.

Shmm!

"..."

Shmm!

"..."

Pock!

A pain sharply grips Takeshi's right arm, causing him to drop the wooden bat and to bring his arm close to his chest. Panic seizes his mind, as well as memories of last year.

Last year...

Shm--plonk!

Fa-thud!

The raven stares, dazed, as he was suddenly on his back and looking at the sky. A dull ache was on his chest, but the pain from his favored limb was his main concern. Though, for some reason, his didn't do anything about it--he only held it and felt a sorrow from the memories erupting in his mind.

"Help has arrived!"

Tsuna swings around, looking surprised, "Yamamoto-san?!"

Takeshi only laughs, bringing the broom down.

"Sorry, it's all my fault..." Tsuna averts his eyes that had guilt in them and starts to sweep. "Just when you let me in the team--"

"Don't worry about it. It's only P.E." He interrupts, "I'm counting on you, my target stock."

Tsuna turns back, confused.

"Aren't you amazing lately? Like in the kendo battle and the volleyball tournament." the raven grins. "I've got you checked in my book."

"Eh?" A cute blush splashes on Tsuna's face. "Oh... Uh-uh..."

"In comparison I just play baseball like it's all I know."

"What? What're you talking about? It's that baseball skill that's amazing."

The baseball player's grin falters. "It's not going that well."

"Huh?"

"Lately, no matter how much I practice, my average is dropping and my fielding is screwing up," he sighs. "At this rate, it'll be the the first time I don't start since I began playing baseball."