04

"Hey, Jeon." Taehyung murmured, looking to his side, to find the other guy trying to light a fire with twigs and two stones, his face barely visible in the darkness.

The younger hummed, focusing on rubbing the stones together.

"I'm hungry." Taehyung pouted, patting his lightly growling stomach.

"Then go ahead and catch some fish." Jeongguk said, not sparing him a glance.

"Hey." Taehyung scoffed, "Stop fooling about!"

"I'm not even joking?" Jeongguk snickered sarcastically.

"Then do something about my appetite."

"What am I, your servant?" Jeongguk cackled, looking up at him, "I'm trying to do something that could help us. You're not even trying to be helpful. Not every place is your luxury resort, Taehyung. You're already chilling as is."

"Then what should I do? Tell me!" Taehyung huffed, "You won't even let me do anything."

"That's 'cause I don't trust you to do something right." Jeongguk huffed, chuckling in relief when he lit up the twigs with the small spark. He looked back at Taehyung, rolling his eyes. "You're gonna get yourself in trouble and that's generously gonna affect my stay here."

Taehyung gaped at him affronted, before standing up and placing his fists on his hips.

"Well, come off it, my guy." He laughed sardonically, briefly turning towards the forest before facing Jeongguk again.

"Did I say something wrong?" Jeongguk trilled his lips at him and Taehyung's jaw ticked.

He stomped ahead, startling Jeongguk for a moment, before he grabbed a twig from among the heap.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?" Jeongguk jumped up when he saw Taehyung making his way towards the sea.

"I am going to catch fish. As you said." Taehyung gave him a synthetic smile.

"Are you nuts?" Jeongguk caught him by his arms, turning him around to face him.

"No? I'm just being responsible. I can fend for myself, you moron."

"I can definitely see that." Jeongguk grumbled, "You've proved yourself enough. Now give that back."

"No. I'm gonna catch a fish and dangle it in front of your eyes as I feast on it." Taehyung blew a raspberry at him, as he tried to get out of Jeongguk's hold.

"Taehyung, that would be enough of your stupidity. How do you aim to catch a fish at night?" Jeongguk sighed, anchoring his arm around Taehyung's waist, as he picked him off the ground and took him away from the water.

"With my hands, damn it!" Taehyung shrieked, trying to wriggle out of his hold. "Let me go!"

"Shut it, Kim." Jeongguk rolled his eyes, letting him down, but Taehyung was at it again.

"I am not listening to you, Jeon." Taehyung planned on marching off to the waves again, but Jeongguk gripped the twig and his hands.

"Not in my watch, Trixie."

"Huh? How dare y-"

The twig slipped out of their grasp and landed on the raft, lighting it up like a bonfire. They stood frozen, as they stared at it with wide blown eyes.

"You know what, Kim?" Jeongguk whispered, letting go of Taehyung. "I was planning on trying to fix it tomorrow, so that we could try and leave."

Taehyung's lower lip wobbled. "I'm sorry."