18

Perhaps, the angels loved Taehyung dearly and his wish was granted. Jeongguk did not catch a fever even after two days of him continuously taking care of the older. And Taehyung was feeling better again.

But maybe, if it was not Jeongguk who took care of him after all, he would not be fine all over again. And that was why Taehyung could not hide his smile, as he stared at Jeongguk, who was focused on roasting the fish, by the fire. He crossed his arms on his knees and rested his cheek on them, watching Jeongguk's face lighting up with a small smile of accomplishment, before he pulled out the twigs and stood up, walking over to Taehyung.

The blond could see the light blush on Jeongguk's cheeks, in the fire's light, as he kept staring at him. Jeongguk looked away, settling down beside Taehyung, and kept his eyes on the fish, as he extended one out for the other. "Here."

Taehyung bit his lower lip to stop his grin, as he took it, "Thank you."

Jeongguk held his breath, when the other rested his head on his shoulder. He took a guilty peek at Taehyung, and he wanted to smack himself for doing it, because he couldn't just look away. The way his thick lashes brushed faintly over his cheekbones and his lips formed a pout, when he took a small bite of the meat. Taehyung looked so much more than breathtaking.

"It's good, Jeongguk. you roasted it well." Taehyung hummed, nodding a little, his lips puckering out like fish in the process. He was sure he would die if he met Jeongguk's gaze, which was burning against his face.

"T-Thanks." Jeongguk swallowed, looking away and clearing his throat, before taking a bite himself. He looked ahead at the sea, sighing when he found nothing, but the dark unending layer of waves, blurring into the dark sky.

Would their days here, together come to an end as well?

"Taehyung?" He mumbled, playing with the end of the twig. He heard the other humming softly

"What would you do... if somehow... we manage to leave this island?" He asked, pausing in between his words and Taehyung could sense the hesitation.

"Firstly..." Taehyung hummed thoughtfully, "Firstly, I would slap the living shit out of that bastard."

Jeongguk cracked up and he immediately pursed his lips, when Taehyung straightened up to look at him with narrowed eyes.

"Sorry, but... that's what I kind of expected." Jeongguk admitted and Taehyung giggled.

"Then..." He thought again, "I will just lie on my bed, hugging Baek hyung and mum all day." He exaggerated the second the 'all', by extending his arms outwards. Jeongguk smiled at him softly.

The blond huffed, dropping his hands back down and looking at the half-eaten fish. "I miss them." He whispered, taking another bite.

Jeongguk nodded slightly, looking away. "I do too." He whispered back. But, he felt a little disappointed. He had hoped that Taehyung would include him in his future plans as well, but alas, he did not.

"And..."

Jeongguk looked up at Taehyung, when he heard him mumble softly. Taehyung looked up at him, a small smile adorning his lips. "And maybe... think about us too?"

"Us?" Jeongguk whispered, raising a brow, his lips tilting up on the right.

"Yeah." Taehyung gave him a pressed-lipped smile, "Not as enemies... but as friends?"

"Yeah." Jeongguk chuckled, looking away and rolling his tongue on his cheek, "Friends..."

Taehyung pursed his lips to stop the cheeky grin, bringing his gaze back down on his hands and for a good few minutes, they stayed silent. Only the waves, and the burning flames audible.