09

That was the last proper conversation they both had. It was awkward and a silent grudge swirled around them all the time. That day Taehyung had walked into the cabin to find Jeongguk fiddling with the radio and the walkie. They had shared a glance and that was it for the day.

Taehyung could not really sleep properly, with Jeongguk on one side of the room and him on the other, but he would rather die than ask in such a situation.

The next couple of days went the same.

It was the third day since then. Taehyung did his morning routine once he woke up, silently walking out of the forest towards the beach, where he could hear the faint noises of something hitting against a hard surface, over and over again, along with huffs and grunts.

His eyes landed on Jeongguk by the foot of a palm tree, his one leg resting on the slightly raised root, and a coconut resting by his foot, as he gave blows to one edge of the hard shell, with a large, sharp, butcher's knife. Taehyung remembered seeing it on the table of their cabin.

But, the thing that again bothered him was Jeongguk being shirtless. His eyes widened unconsciously. Did he have to roam around half-naked? Was it a necessity?

His eyes travelled down his sweaty back, the dressing on his shoulder blade, being the only noticeable flaw. The lean waist, carved abdomen, disappearing after his jeans, hugging down his hips, to his thick and evidently muscular thighs, all the way down his perfectly long legs. Taehyung blushed unconsciously.

Taehyung had a very intrusive thought of wanting to bite those biceps, which contracted every time Jeongguk sent a blow.

He found himself feeling guilty for feeling this way. He should not be drooling over his enemy's body, when he had his boyfriend waiting for him back there.

The younger finally sliced open the edge, and lifted the coconut to his mouth, ready to drink the water inside it. Taehyung swallowed, when the other slightly threw his head back, the liquid, dripping down his throat and chest while his Adam's apple bobbed with each gulp.

Taehyung wasn't even sure what he was thirsty for anymore. He gasped when Jeongguk's eyes moved to meet his. He almost shrieked when the other stopped drinking, throwing the shell away and walking towards him. He slowly started backing off, until he felt his back meeting the thick trunk of a coconut tree. He looked down, when Jeongguk stopped right in front of him, his left hand pressing itself above Taehyung's head.

The smaller male wanted to curse at himself, for keeping his gaze down, because all he could see now was Jeongguk's bare torso, and the evident tent in his pants. Taehyung was sure he had one too.

"What, Taehyung?"

Jeongguk rasped and Taehyung stayed silent. He heard a snicker, and then Jeongguk was pressing closer, until their bodies were just a few inches apart.

"You wanna drink?"

Taehyung closed his eyes at the warm breath against his ear. He inhaled sharply, before slowly shaking his head, "No."

"We both know that you're lying, Taehyung."

And there was something in the way Jeongguk called him by his name, in that low voice, that had his knees buckling.

Taehyung blinked open his eyes before looking at Jeongguk's ones and he smirked, when he could definitely spot the want in them.

"Let's quench your thirst, Tae." Jeongguk husked, taking another step closer. And Taehyung would go loco, if Jeongguk's bare body would touch his. So, with all the strength he had, he hit his abdomen with his fist, making Jeongguk groan as he jumped back, bending down and clutching the throbbing area.