20

Namjoon sighed, looking away from the night sky, before pulling off his spectacles. This one month was the toughest for him.

He was the middle son, but still he was the one who had to stay firm, more than anyone else. Only Junghyun and he had the notion of what was going on within their tormented minds.

They had to be the support for their families in this tough time. Perhaps, they didn't show their tears to others, but they cried just as much as the others in secrecy.

He quietly walked back to his room, to find his phone vibrating on the couch. It was Seokjin. He took the call immediately.

"Hello?"

There was pure silence from the other end for a while. Then, he heard a long sigh. "Turn on the camera."

Namjoon did so, reluctantly. He saw Seokjin smiling at him, a distant look on his face.

"I found this." He held up a polaroid. "Taetae hid this inside my book, when he gave it to me on my last to last birthday."

Namjoon smiled sadly at the picture. It was Seokjin, hugging a restless Taehyung with a playful boxy grin on his lips, while the older's face was contorted in a frustrated frown, as he pulled at Taehyung's ear-lobe.

"Jinnie." Namjoon sighed, "Look at me."

Seokjin carefully placed the polaroid in between the pages of his book, before looking up at his phone dejectedly.

"They are fine." He assured not just Seokjin, but himself as well. "Trust me."

"How do you know that? It's almost been a month." Seokjin cried. "You said, there is no proper island around there, where they could swim to and find people to help them. Then how can they?"

Namjoon looked down, staying silent for a while, before nodding slightly, "I believe they are fine. Jeongguk will make sure of it."

"Jeongguk?"

"Yes... I believe him." Namjoon nodded affirmatively. "He'll take care of Tae and himself."

Seokjin sighed again.

"I wish I could hug you right now. But, you should sleep."

"As if." Seokjin chuckled slowly, sniffling a little.

"You know I believe you, Joon." He mumbled so softly that the other almost didn't catch it.

Namjoon smiled, his dimples showing. "And I believe in positivity. They are doing good."

"No, that's not true at all!"

A laughter echoed throughout the emptiness of the night and Jeongguk just grunted defeated, before looking away.

"That bunny truly jumped into your mom's womb." Taehyung giggled, pointing at the moon, which was covered by clouds as dark as the night, as he rested his head on Jeongguk's shoulder. Jeongguk smiled sheepishly, as he stared down at him. He could not stay offended for long when it came to Taehyung, now could he?

Taehyung huffed softly, dropping his hand down. "And now, I'm stuck with him." He scrunched his nose in tiny, before tilting his head up to meet Jeongguk's gaze.

'What are you doing to me, Tae?'

He swallowed harshly, looking Taehyung in the eye from such a close distance.

"What?" Taehyung whispered, making Jeongguk sigh and look away.

"You... miss your family?" He murmured gently, looking up at the sky, noticing a distant thunder. Taehyung's eyes travelled towards the sea from where they were sitting on a low cliff, his cheek pressing more against Jeongguk's shoulder.

stuck with him;; k.v. ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें