06

Taehyung groaned, fluttering his eyes open. It was hot. So hot and humid. He flipped to the other side, stretching a little, before his eyes landed on the tin roof.

"The fuck is it so hot for?" He grunted, getting rid of his jacket immediately.

He stilled, staring blankly at his feet before looking around. It was oddly silent.

"Jeongguk?" He called out loudly, clearing his throat after. There was no answer.

"Where are..."

He trailed off, focusing on hearing some noises outside. He immediately stood up, strolling towards the door, and pulled it open with a creak, to see something that made his eyes widen and cheeks flame up.

Jeongguk was picking up the animal skins and tusks, panting a little as he walked away, crossing a few trees. That was not a big deal. The big deal was him being technically shirtless. Well, he still had his vest on, but that barely hid anything- sweat drenched and soaked it, making it stick to his skin, giving away the contours of his broad back.

Taehyung jumped when he saw him dumping all of it in a pit, before he decided to follow him. Jeongguk filled up the pit, huffing, when the work was done, just to look back and find Taehyung standing there.

"Oh! You're up?" He chuckled and Taehyung narrowed his eyes because it seemed a little smug.

"Seems like it." His eyes widened a little, when Jeongguk pulled the tank top above his head and his locket dangled before landing in place between his pectorals.

How could every muscle of the torso flex like that, Taehyung wondered (almost violently).

"I have two pieces of news for you." Jeongguk sighed, rubbing his neck and face with the top, before he twisted and flicked it in the air.

"A good one and a bad one."

"Bad first. Always." Taehyung breathed out shakily.

Jeongguk wore the vest before walking towards Taehyung with a hint of a grimace.

"I found the man's boat. But it isn't really in good shape." He shrugged dejectedly, remembering how the boat along the opposite shore was not in shape at all.

"Fuck." Taehyung sighed heavily, running his hands through his hair. "He was stranded."

"Yes. Just like we are now." Jeongguk rolled his tongue on his cheek. "I may have been in the military but of course I cannot cut trees with a knife and make a new boat for us."

Taehyung stared at him for a few moments, before turning around. "Don't worry. They are definitely looking for us right now. Jimin, Jongin, all of them. W-we'll be saved."

Jeongguk's jaw ticked. He inhaled heavily, before shrugging. "Right. And about the good news-"

"That's for later. How about we brush our teeth first?" Taehyung whipped back to look at him with wide eyes, his dishevelled morning hair jumping along with him and Jeongguk stared at him stupefied for a moment before clearing his throat and looking away.

"Yeah. Let's."

They went back to the cabin, before Taehyung pulled out the tube and scrunched his nose at it. "Does this even look okay?"

"You want to use ashes?"

"No, this will do." Taehyung flipped open the lid quickly, before pouting again.

"What now?"

"I don't have a toothbrush."

"Oh, c'mon, Kim. I swear if you-"