A New Friend and Job

Izuku POV

Waking up later in the day, I decided to walk to the more sketchy part of town after the sun had risen. Since I was going under a fake name, I decided that I needed to get a job in a place that doesn't have background searches. It would be a good idea to avoid the law for the time being. I don't know if they'll be able to find out who I am or worse if I'll be sent back to the Yagis. Jail seems to be a lot better as compared to going back to them. 

I got up, grabbing one of my masks in case I need to do some vigilante work. I left my little hole in the trash heap, going towards the bad parts of the city. The fastest way to make it to the bad parts of town is through the more populated areas. As I was walking past the mall I walked past a familiar face, Izumi. I saw her and my mind immediately went through all the memories I had of her, all of them were horrible, except for one. Reading the message she sent to me. A small part of me wanted to message her back, just to see what her reaction would be, but I stopped myself. I knew what it would be, she'll be excited at the chance to find me and bring me back to the Yagis. I shook my head and speed-walked away. 

Izumi POV

I was walking to my mandatory therapy lessons, it was something that was mandated by Nezu if I wanted a chance to be a hero when I saw someone. He looked like Izuku. Not exactly, but close, he was missing his freckles, his hair was white, and one of his eyes was red. I was tempted to go talk to him before he turned around and left. It reminded me of why I'm still trying to be a hero. I know I didn't deserve to be a hero, I was a monster, and I knew it. I knew it should be Izuku going to UA, not me. That's why I'm going to find him, but the only way I'll get the resources I need is to be a hero. Maybe then I can find him and dad can give him One For All and he can be a hero like he always wanted to. I turned away walking towards the therapist's office, this is something I'm probably going to have to tell her about. 

Izuku POV

I made it through the more populated parts of the city before making it to the bad part of town. A lot of the buildings looked like they were falling apart; it made sense. Crimes happen almost all the time around here so taking the tax dollars to fix this place would be pointless. The government would just be wasting the taxpayer's money at that point. It felt wrong to do something like this, but I knew that a lot of the time the government doesn't care about that kind of stuff. They only care about the money, not how many lives they ruin. Just like mom and dad. 

I shook that idea off and went to where I thought I might be able to find a job. As I was walking there I heard what sounded like a muffled shout. I stopped for a moment, thinking my mind was playing tricks on me. That was until I heard it again. Trying not to waste any more time I grabbed my mask out of my hoodie pocket, putting it on, and running into the alley. A dead body further down the alley a girl, that looked no older than me, attacking a full-grown man with a knife. 

I started to assess the situation, the man at the end of the alley seemed to be dead so attempting to save him would be a waste. The man on the ground didn't seem to have any obvious indications of his quirk. The girl on top of him was the same. She didn't have anything that I could see. That was until she looked up at me and I saw her eyes and smile. Her eyes were yellow, but they were slits, like a cat. Her teeth looked sharp, like those of a vampire. She had a crazed look in her eye, that's when it clicked. She had a quirk that was based on some level of human consumption, probably blood considering the vampire-like teeth. 

Before I could move to stop her she stabbed the man in the throat, leaving the knife there, before chasing to attack me. I activated scales and started to defend myself, blocking as many attacks as I could. I wanted to check if the man was okay, but I knew that I had to keep myself alive first. Not to mention that the man's probably dead by now. Not many people could survive a precise attack like that. I as I thought about that the girl I was fighting nicked my cheek before jumping back.