Learning to Accept Compassion

Aizawa POV

After Emi and I's silent agreement that Toga and Izuku need to get together I decided to address what I needed to. I cleared my throat to stop the two lovebirds from gushing over each other. I asked "If you two lovebirds are done," to a vibrant red flush from both Toga and Izuku, "I have something I need to ask you Izuku. It's about what happened up on stage." 

"Sure Aizawa! What is it?" He asked. I was almost sad to have to ask this question. 

"When you were up there and when you came back to the table you looked really depressed. I wanted to ask you what that was about," I asked him. I already knew what I wanted to ask him but I didn't want to let him know Toga had told us. 

He looked down for a moment before asking "Toga told you about my nightmare didn't she?" 

Toga, Emi, and I all stiffened up for a moment. We didn't want him to think we were going behind his back. I decided to answer him honestly since he already knew and lying wasn't going to make anything better for us. 

He smiled before saying "I kind of expected you to do that. I know that you all care about me enough that you all would worry if I started to seem down. I don't know why but you do. To be honest, it feels good to know that you all care about me," he said smiling. 

Toga and Emi smiled together, glad that their friend was happy again. I on the other hand simply relaxed. I decided to continue and not beat around the bush for any longer than necessary. "So you know the real question I wanted to ask you?" 

"Yes." 

"So from the way Toga interpreted the story you described the effect of drugs accurately. Does this mean that you did at some point take drugs?" 

"Yes I did," he said. We were all saddened at the notion of Izuku willingly taking drugs. "I took painkillers for when Izumi and the others went overboard. Some days I took more than I needed. I did it because it made the days easier. I didn't do it a lot and I haven't done it in a while." 

I decided I had another question I needed to ask "Okay. So that leaves only the question, who did you get these drugs from?" 

"I would get them from this one man that I met accidentally one night. I sort of spilled my trauma to him and we bonded over the shared experience of having shitty parents. He had a bunch of burn scars all over his body. He said it was a quirk accident but I'm not sure if it was because of his own quirk or because of someone else. It could have been both. Not to mention the way he said it sounded like he was lying. He never told me his name. Though I remember he said to call him Dabi." 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So yeah. Izuku knew Dabi because he was his drug dealer. Also, this was a short chapter because I made and posted it while I was almost dead asleep. If this chapter sucks I'm sorry.