The Yagis and the Truth

Aizawa POV

Did the kid actually have a quirk all along and was just hiding it? Were the Yagi's somehow involved? How could a quirk like that even exist? Is it really possible to trade quirks? Did anyone know? Did Izuku know? Was it a dormant quirk? If it was how did it activate? Did it just take longer for the quirk to activate? How did he even get a quirk like that in the first place? All Might just has a normal strength enhancement quirk and Green Tornado has a psychic type quirk. If Izuku was to get any quirk it would be one of theirs. Did Inko cheat on her husband? 

All these thoughts and questions were running through my head as he and Naomosa were going to the Yagi household. Naomosa had already called Nezu and Toshinori and told them they had something important they needed to talk about with the Yagis. He said it was about OFA. I have no clue what that means. I looked over at the detective as he drove them to their destination and despite the whirlwind of thoughts and questions going on in my head, I could see many more in Naomosa's. It was like comparing a tornado to a hurricane. That confused me a bit more. Did Naomosa know something about this I didn't? These are questions for later. 

We arrived at the Yagi household to find both Nezu and Toshinori outside. They were talking about something, I had no clue what. As soon as the car stopped so did the conversation. While Toshinori seemed to be expecting Naomosa to be there, he seemed confused as to why I was there. There's definitely a secret between those three, whatever OFA is it's something important. Naomosa and I walked up as he started the conversation. 

"Hello, you two. I wish I came here bringing better news but this is something important and I think we all need to talk about it. Privately," Naomosa explained. The other two nodded as Toshinori leads us into his house. While passing by him I noticed he seemed a bit nervous. It could be because this is potential news about his son, but it could also be about sharing this OFA secret. We all got inside and sat down in the living room. "Where are Inko and Izumi?" 

"They're not here right now. Inko's taking Izumi to her therapist," Toshinori responded. 

Naomosa nodded and took out the folder from the case we were working on earlier and handed it over for Nezu and Toshinori to read. I could see how Toshinori visibly paled and Nezu seemed to have a bit of concern in his eyes. I could understand why. They just learned that apparently there's a person who could take and give quirks, not only that but they have a legitimate reason to be mad at All Might. If Izuku were to act on his anger he might be able to kill All Might. That would destabilize hero society as a whole and leave a power vacuum in its wake. 

Toshinori looked at Naomosa then at me and back at the detective in what appeared to be fear. "He needs to know Toshinori," Naomosa said with understanding in his voice. 

"I need to know what?" I interjected. I was starting to get pissed off at the fact that they were all keeping secrets from me that could be important to finding the lost Yagi. 

Toshinori looked at me and sighed "Well I suppose this would have happened eventually. What I am going to tell you, you must never repeat to anyone else. Do you understand?" Toshinori explained. I was confused, but I had never seen him so serious before. I hesitantly nodded. "Okay, save questions for the end, please," He took a deep breath "My quirk is not my own. It was given to me by my master Nana Shimura. You might be asking 'how is this possible?' Well, it goes back to the dawn of quirks. In the dawn of there were two brothers who would change the world. Their names have long been forgotten over the years, but what has remained is their quirks. One For All and All For One. In the dawn of quirks, the story goes that there was a man who had the power to take and give quirks. What not many at the time knew was that he had a younger brother, but his brother was quirkless. To help his brother defend himself in that chaotic time he forced a quirk onto him. It was a stockpiling quirk that would get more powerful over time. What All For One did not know at the time was that his brother was not in fact quirkless. He had a useless quirk, the power to pass on his own power to others. When All For One forced the stockpile quirk onto his brother it bonded with his original quirk to make One For All. Over time All For One became more and more corrupt and started to use his power for evil purposes. His brother tried to stop him, but it was too late. To stop his brother One For All fought back against him, he failed. In his final effort, he passed his quirk onto his successor in the hopes that they would continue the fight to stop All For One. Many fought and many fell before him until that quirk was passed onto my master who eventually passed it onto me. In my battle against All For One, I had thought I had defeated him, but from what I can see today I was wrong." 

I was still recoiling from the finding out that there was indeed not only a quirk that could take and give other quirks but a quirk that could be passed on also. I knew why this secret was kept so close. If anyone were to find out, everyone would be trying to get their hands on One For All or at least try and get the help of All For One. Despite all of this there was still something on my mind. Before I could get a word out, however. 

"That might not be the case," Naomosa said to the confusion of both Toshinori and Nezu. "When Aizawa was looking into the Izuku Yagi case he found a potential lead. Apparently, Izuku got into a fight in an alleyway with three thugs-" "OH MY GOD IS HE OKAY!" Toshinori interjected. "I'll get to that in a moment. Anyway, as I was saying Izuku got into a fight with three thugs. One had a minor fire quirk, one a scaled arms quirk, and one a minor face-changing quirk." I could see the gears turning in their heads. "All of them were found to be quirkless upon apprehension." 

"Does that mean that Izuku has already interacted with All For One!?" Toshinori questioned. He was already panicking as he spoke. 

"Not exactly," Naomosa interjected. Toshinori seemed confused. "All subjects reported being attacked by the same individual with the description of having green hair and green eyes." 

I could see Toshinori's world crashing down on him as Nezu just hummed in contemplation. For a few moments, we just sat there and let them recover from the bombshell that was what we had just told them. 

The silence was soon interrupted by a weak "How?" from Toshinori. I couldn't blame him. I would react similarly if I had just figured out that my son, who I had been neglecting, had the same quirk as the villain that killed my former master. 

Nezu soon piped up and said, "I think I might have an idea," Toshinori looked at the quirked animal in a mix of hope and dread. "It's right in your story Yagi." 

"What do you mean?" 

"Who created One For All?" 

Toshinori contemplated for a moment before saying in some form of realization "All For One." 

"Yes! It seems that when All For One created One For All a small piece was left inside it. That combined with the fact that One For All is the brother quirk of All For One and you have the makings to make the full quirk of All For One. It was an incredibly small chance, but in genetics, it is theoretically possible." 

"But how was he diagnosed quirkless if he did have a quirk?" 

"Ah, that Yagi is because of you. Before you got One For All you yourself were quirkless. I suppose those genes were passed onto young Izuku despite the fact that he indeed has a quirk." 

"Why would he hide it?" 

"I don't think he did. Quirks are controlled by the brain and thus so it's possible that if one's mentality is damaged, so can their quirk control be. It's possible that because young Izuku was told he was quirkless so often by his peers in the form of young Katsuki's nickname 'Deku' he started to believe it. He repressed his quirk as a response to not only the bullying but the neglect as well." 

Despite still being in his true form Toshinori seemed to deflate. One could only imagine what would be going on in his head. It was then that we heard the door open and heard what sounded like Izumi say "Dad! Were home!" before walking into the living room recognizing the atmosphere asked, "What's wrong?" 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I decided to focus on the Yagi's a bit more. I feel like I haven't explained what's going on with them as much as I should. I plan to do the same for the next chapter. Also please keep it coming with the quirk idea j5765h986