Bar Singer

Izuku POV

I let Himiko lead the way to this bar that apparently was now in need of a new bar singer. I was worried that I wouldn't get the job since I have never sung in my life, but I knew that the other man had a quirk that allowed him to sing so I could rely on that. It's not like I need to do this. I can get a job somewhere else if I need to. I can just ask Himiko for help. Right? She will be willing to help me. It's because I helped her, that's the only reason. If I didn't have my quirk she would have just killed me in that alley without thinking. She doesn't care about me. 

As I was thinking this I felt the world become cold. I knew that I was spiraling down into depression. Even if I knew this I didn't care. I'm nothing more than a useless Deku. Even if I do have a quirk, I couldn't save those people in the alley. I have only saved a few people. It's not like I've done that much. They would have done fine without me. Maybe I should take Izumi's advice, I would be doing everyone a favor. 

As I was thinking this Himiko suddenly stopped and said "Here we are!" 

I almost ran into her, but stopped and looked at her and said "Thank you." I went into the bar, noticing that Himiko was following me. 

I walked up to the bartender and before I could get a word out I heard "Hi Mr. Amaya!" 

"Hello Toga," the man said. "Why are you here again? It's almost opening time." 

"Well, I wanted to tell you that your bar singer's dead!" 

The man sighs running his hand down his face, "Seriously Toga, do you have any idea how hard it is to get a new singer on such short notice?" 

"Speaking of jobs, this is Fukuda Tamotsu. He's looking for a job and I thought he would be willing to work here." 

I was baffled, I wasn't expecting Toga to tell the bartender that she killed her singer. I was also not expecting her to take it so well. So when she introduced me I was stuck in a state of confusion for a minute. It wasn't until I heard the bartender say "Hey kid, do you think you can sing?" 

"Um I think I can," I said as I demonstrated a little bit. I used that man's sing quirk to sing a little of a song I remembered. 

"Hm, not bad kid. You're hired." 

I was confused but happy. I got a job, I can sing here every day and get the money I need to get food and more stuff for my "home." 

"Thank you sir I won't let you down!" 

"Well, I hope not because you're on in ten minutes." 

Huh. I was just hired and I already have to work! I'm going to have to sing in front of a lot of people! I'm terrified! I thought I would have the opportunity to relax for a say and prepare before I have to go up on stage! It's okay Izuku calm down. You got this. Nothing bad is going to happen. I'll be okay. 

"You're up kid." 

I'm not ready for this! THIS IS NOT OKAY! Stop. Breath in, breath out. You got this. I walk up on stage and get ready to sing. I see all the people file into the bar and getting their drinks. I wait until everyone's done and sitting down and I walk up to the mic. I think about the song I want to sing and I know the exact song I want. I take one final breath, grab the mic, and start to sing. 

As I sang I could feel all the memories of my past coming out through the song. My parent's neglecting me, my friends, and my sister becoming my bullies, running away, and becoming a vigilante. I could feel all my emotions spilling out in the form of a song and it felt relaxing. For once since I was 4 years old I felt like everything would be okay. I left my horrible family, found a place to live, and got a job. Not to mention I saved people. I saved people like a hero, a true hero; not just saving them from villains, but helping them with their other problems too. I helped Himiko with her quirk and helped the mole girl with hers. I was helping people, making a difference. For once in a long time, I felt happy.