A New Family?

Izuku POV

After I told Aizawa that I hoped to see him at the bar again we started to meet again for a while when I was off of work. I would do that before going back to my vigilante work. We didn't do that every day. On those days I assumed he was busy with work, either from UA or his hero work.  That was until two weeks after our first meeting. We met again while he was doing their hero work and I was doing my vigilante work. I had just taken a quirk, not from a villain, but from another person who didn't want it. She didn't want it because of its negative drawback. 

To explain the quirk it's a strength-type quirk that was extremely powerful, but the problem is that it didn't come with a strong enough defense to keep its user from getting hurt. I decided that I could use the quirk since I had a healing quirk that could help me with the drawback. It wouldn't negate the damage from its use, but it would help with the after-effects of the damage. To make sure that they would never have to worry about being quirkless and that people wouldn't start asking questions about where their quirk went I gave them the strength quirk I had. I still remember her name, Suda Susumu. I hope that she uses it for good or at least not for villainy. 

As I was thinking this over on a quiet empty rooftop I heard a thump from behind me. I quickly turned around activating my fire quirk before I heard a "Woah their kid. I'm not here to hurt you." It was Eraserhead's voice. 

Realizing who it was talking to I turned off my fire and went back to sitting down. Normally if I was confronted by a hero I would be worried about them realizing I have multiple quirks, but I knew that Eraserhead already knew not only about my quirk but my real identity. "Hey, Eraserhead. How's your night going?" 

"What are you doing here Izuku?" 

"Don't call me that! I'd rather not you using that name at all, especially not when I'm out here in my mask." 

Eraser seemed taken aback by this for a moment before regaining his composure and continuing "If that's what you want." He walked closer to the edge I was sitting on, sitting down himself, "You're still a vigilante and a kid at that. I need to keep an eye on you." 

Those words made me think back to Toshinori. It pissed me off more than I thought possible. I didn't need someone to look after me. I don't need anyone to worry about me because if that happens then it means that it'll only be a matter of time before they realize how useless I really am. The only reason I'm somewhat useful is that I have a quirk now. Not like it's really that much better than being quirkless. All I do is make others quirkless. 

Soon enough I felt someone's arms around me. It was Eraser. I didn't realize why he was hugging me until I felt the tears running down his eyes. I didn't realize when I started crying. All I knew is that I started crying at some time. "You are not useless. What your da- All Might said is wrong. Even if you never got your quirk you would never be useless and those people you take quirks from are villains. They're bad people who hurt people." 

Hearing this I said "Not all villains are bad people," through sobs. 

"I know." 

"You what?" 

"I know. I've known of a bunch of villains that only became villains because that had no other choice." 

I sat there for a few minutes thinking that over before I ask "Can I really help them? I mean I've helped a few people who were villains because of either their quirk or how people react to it." 

"Why don't you tell me about it? Maybe it'll help you realize how much good you've done for people." 

I sat there thinking about it for a few seconds before I decided that he could be trusted. He kept where I was working a secret and didn't try and get me to go back home. He's even trying to help me with my self-deprecating thoughts! I at least owe him an attempt.