yunho || jurassic park au (1)

"Do you think it's a good idea to fly through a storm!?" you shouted at your friend who was calmly steering the small aeroplane through the threatening dark clouds.

He gave you a glance over his shoulder. "Don't worry, I'm a licensed pilot."

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?"
"Just hold on."
Guess there was no choice other than to trust him. But you were still scared. One hit from a ray of lightning and you are both goners. You hugged yourself, trying to stay calm. Maybe it would be less scary if I close my eyes, you thought.

Shutting out the frightening sight was easy, but shutting out the sound of thunder wasn't. Neither was the loud slashing sound when one wing ripped off and blew away. The plane shook violently.

"Oh no!" your friend yelled. "Damn lightning!"
In a moment your eyes were wide open, meeting his fearful ones.
"Y/n, listen to me! The engines aren't going to hold. We have to take the parachutes."

You were unable to move. Tears were threatening to spill from your eyes. Would this be how you die?

"Y/n! Please, help me. We're going to live, I promise." His words brought a sense of comfort. You reached out to take the hand he was holding out to you. But your hands never touched. The flashing lightning faded out of sight. The victorious rumble of clouds grew softer.

And he fell out of the falling plane.

•••

You awoke to a scratching sound near you. Sitting up, dizziness engulfed you. You quickly pressed your hand against your temple. A warm liquid was running down the side of your face.

You gasped upon realising it was blood. In fact, your shirt was also stained with blood.
You looked around in confusion to find yourself in the damaged body of a small aeroplane. There were dents in the sides, and in some places rays of light managed to push through the torn metal plates. The roof of the plane looked like it would cave in at any moment.

In an instant all the memories came flooding back. The lightning, the plane wing breaking off, the engines failing, the plane falling through the dark sky... and your friend who wasn't with you anymore.

Nothing could hold back the tears that were now falling down your cheeks. Quiet sobs rocked your body back and forth as you broke down into a pile of sorrow. You didn't know how long you continued to cry, but when you stopped, it looked a lot darker in the plane wreck. Peeking through the broken window, you saw the orange-red sky fading into a grey colour. An endless amount of jungle-like trees partly blocked your line of sight.

There was something strangely eerie about them. More tears welled up in your eyes, but you desperately blinked them away. Your stomach grumbled, begging for food.

You carefully got up and wiped your cheeks. A sharp pain vibrated through your right leg, almost causing you to stumble. You winced and pushed yourself forward despite the pain.

The food container had to be here somewhere, unless it fell out of the aeroplane too. A few boxes were laying on the floor, along with whatever was inside. You'd have to find your suitcase too.

You became aware of something scratching outside near the exit door, and you realized that the sound had never left since you woke up. You thought it was just your imagination, but now you were sure it was something else.

Just ignore it, y/n. Focus on finding the food.

Box after box, you rummaged through the contents in hope to find food. Finally, you found some canned food and water bottles. Maybe if you could find firewood and matches you could make a fire to heat up the food. You settled on collecting some firewood before it was completely dark and wobbled to the door.