san ♤ frat boy (8)

a/n: You are very welcome to imagine any other outfit than the one described in this chapter ♡ I realise that it doesn't appeal to all cultures and religions, and I apologise for that. I usually refrain from describing the reader's appearance/outfit/hair/etc. so that everyone can feel included, but for the sake of this imagine I had to describe an outfit :)

Word count: ±4300

━━✫・*。

The whole week, you had mostly stayed in your room every afternoon and evening after coming back from classes. For the good of studying. And, on a less important note, to avoid San and Wooyoung.

After Wooyoung's little drunk episode, you thought it better to just stay away from him entirely so as to give him the hint - the heartbreaking one that alerts its recipient of impending rejection and a demotion back to square one on the dating scene.

As for San, after you had almost let him kiss you - again - you were reminded of the terrible pain of reality. One more kiss and your heart would be on the line, waiting to be crushed.

It's better to keep away from something you desire than to be tempted by it constantly.

But avoiding them didn't mean that they were avoiding you too. No, every day, both of them would try to make conversation whenever they saw you. Both lingered around. Both sent you texts - to which you rarely replied. For your own good. At least your studies helped to keep your mind semi-occupied.

Still, temptation was always close. Desire bloomed in your heart every day. And you doubted you'd be able to rid of it. Not when San was constantly around to remind you how much you yearned for his touch.

Because studying didn't stop the subtle glances at dinner, or the prolonged eye contact in the halls.

So many unsaid words passed between you and San. Every day, he seemed to steal more and more of your heart. Every day, you seemed to fall a little more.

Which was why you had to keep your distance.

Today was Friday, and you had no classes nor any other tests to study for. Finally, a break. Well-deserved, you thought.

But no matter how well-deserved, it was not going to be a peaceful break. Rather, it was going to be eventful and lively and maybe even energy-draining. Hongjoong had been invited to a party, and he had invited everyone else - including you - to join him. It was in honour of a friend's birthday, and hosted by some guy called Jackson. As honorary guests, the nine of you were booked into a hotel for the two nights you'd be staying in the area. But since the party was only on Saturday night, that left everyone with a free Friday night. Hongjoong already had plans - he was going to meet up with his friend at some restaurant, which meant that everyone else had to entertain themselves. And it seemed that Wooyoung had already planned in advance as to how he'd be entertaining himself. Casual fun was how he referred to it when he announced on Thursday evening that he was going to go clubbing Friday night. And, worst of all, he said that whoever chickened out had to do his bidding and buy him food for a whole week.

Clubbing has never been your thing. Clubs were always too humid, too cramped, and too loud. Once, you had gone to a club with your friend, but it wasn't long before she left you to fend for yourself to pursue a cute guy standing by himself. You ended up hiding in a bathroom stall to get away from all the attention-seeking creeps on the dance floor.

You had been trying to think of a candid excuse ever since, but until you managed to think of something that Wooyoung would find reasonable enough, it seemed that you did not really have much of a choice on whether or not to go. When you were still in school, it was easy enough to use the excuse "my mom said no", but now that you were technically an adult and a student, that was lame. Luckily, you still had a lot of time left to conjure up something plausible - that is, if luck was even on your side at all.