yunho || jurassic park au (2)

Yunho had been on Isla Nublar for five years. He originally joined his parents on a flight to the island, with the purpose of helping them with environmental experiments. Back then, there were rumours about dinosaurs roaming freely on the island after a jurassic park had shut down. Yunho's parents dismissed the rumour.

They arrived at the island, making a rough landing on a dusty streak of open ground. A neglected building towered above the vegetation. Yunho's parents disembarked the aircraft, followed by some of the flight crew. They didn't seem bothered at all by the dense vegetation and the ruined building.

The moment Yunho stepped out of the plane, he felt unsettled. Unlike his parents, he believed the rumours about dinosaurs. He had always believed in the possibility of them still being alive.

Though his gut warned him against venturing into the jungle, he quickly disappeared into the thicket armed with his backpack. It was unusually quiet. Not even a bird chirped or an insect buzzed.

Up in front of him, something suddenly moved. Its brown body blended in with the surroundings, and the bushes close to its head rustled as it chewed on the leaves. Yunho couldn't believe his eyes. He stared at the creature in wonder.

But his moment of awe was interrupted by a shrill scream. It was his mother. The dinosaur in front of him finally noticed him and ran away. Loud thuds could be heard as the earth vibrated beneath his feet.

Trouble.

He ran back to the plane as fast as he could, knowing his parents and the crew would most likely have been on the plane already, waiting for him. He tripped over a tree root, bruising his knees and elbows. But he didn't stop. The thumping got loader, and in the distance he could hear the engines of a plane.

And voices calling out his name.

But he was too late. Out on the runway was a huge dinosaur chasing after the moving plane. It wasn't a tyrannosaurus rex. No, it had longer arms, an ugly hump on its back, and haunting eyes. The plane took off just before the dinosaur could snatch it, leaving it to follow after it into the shallow sea waters.

At that moment, Yunho's whole world came crumbling down. His parents did not wait for him, nor did they ever come back to look for him.

He was forever imprisoned on an island where he had worse enemies than the monsters in the back of his mind.

•••

"How does your leg feel?"
Yunho stood in the doorway of the small room you were staying in. He sent you a warm smile.
"Much better, thanks," you replied.
"Good. I'm heating up some food so long, so whenever you're ready you can come get some." With that he left you alone in the room.

It had been a few days since Yunho saved you from being torn to bits. He brought you to his hideout, an old building that once served as a lab. Considering he had been alone for five years (as he told you), he was very nice and definitely not socially awkward at all. His gentle nature was clear in the way he took care of you.

You got up and rummaged through your backpack in search of something new to wear. Choices were limited, as most clothes were covered in dirt or stains. After changing, you walked out of the room into the hallway that was connected to it.

You were currently in an underground shelter. The only two rooms here were Yunho's and yours. You quietly made your way up a set of stairs that led into the lab area.

The wonderful smell of food filled your nose, earning a grumble from your stomach. Yunho was busy heating up some of the canned food you had given him.