san ♤ frat boy (7)

Word count: ±5700

━━✫・*。

San's kisses had consumed you so much that even your dreams were filled with images of his lips on yours. Images of his hands touching your body. You felt ashamed of yourself as you sat at the breakfast table, wondering how you had let yourself be beguiled by him.

You stared down at your plate, where a pancake, a fried egg, some berries and a strip of bacon rested. You have never studied your food this intensely before, but anything was better than having to make eye contact with San. Luckily, Wooyoung was sleeping in and still in bed – you didn't feel like looking him in the eye either after your little game of truth or dare.

"You are awfully quiet this morning, y/n," Jongho commented. It was funny hearing him say it, as he was usually the quiet one while eating. Maybe he had more reason to talk now that his more extroverted housemates – Wooyoung, Mingi and Yunho – weren't present to make and carry the conversation as they usually did.

"Oh, I just have a lot on my mind. Two tests coming up soon, so I'm trying to plan a study schedule." That was a lie. You weren't at all thinking about studying. How could you when all you could think about was San's lips? Foolish, that's what you were.

"Is it weird that I dreamed that y/n and San were kissing?" Jongho asked.

Immediately, you felt San's gaze on you, but you refused to look at him. You refused to share that we-share-a-secret look with him.

Jongho's question was so random and out of place, that even Hongjoong, who liked to eat in peace, had looked up from his plate. Well, no doubt the only word he actually heard was 'kissing', because he had definitely not been paying attention to the conversation otherwise. As far as hearsay goes, he was a secret sucker for romantic stories, whether it be the idealistic ones from movies and books, or the cringe-worthy real-life ones.

Among Yeosang and Hongjoong's shocked faces, Seonghwa looked oddly like someone who knew a lot more than he would admit. He didn't seem surprised or shocked or anything in between at all. He only glanced between you and San briefly, before watching everyone else quietly. You didn't see San's facial expression and you didn't want to. You felt like an undercover thief hanging out with a bunch of police officers – trying to act natural, but paranoid that you'll get caught any minute.

"What?"

Yeosang was the first to manage a word. He didn't look too comfortable after what he had heard, even if it had only been a dream.

Dreams aren't real, he quickly reassured himself.

"I don't think you should connect any meaning to it, Jongho," Seonghwa said, hoping that it will end the conversation. Hongjoong nodded along, though he did not look too sure of what he was agreeing to.

"I'm not thinking anything of it, hyung. But somehow it does feel significant."

Escape! is what your brain yelled to you. But you remained seated on your chair, otherwise it would be very obvious that you were running away from something or someone. You hoped that no one would focus on you now, because you were very close to blushing.

"I hope it isn't," Yeosang mumbled, eyeing San wearily.

"Don't worry, Yeosang. You don't have anything to be concerned about," San said with that lovely mischievous smile of his. "Although..."

For some reason, you held your breath. If he gave you away now, you'd make sure to pay him a visit later to punish him. Not that you knew how you'd punish him, but you'd figure that part out later.

"...it would have been nice if it were real," he finished his sentence, smirking.

You didn't know if it was anger or fluster that caused you to blush.