yeosang || destiny

Yeosang watched as y/n pulled her boyfriend into a hug. Anyone would've expected it to be a tight hug that lasted for quite a while, since they have been a couple for a year. But on the contrary it was a rather quick hug. Almost like the type of hug two platonic friends would share.

Before they parted ways, y/n stood on her toes to kiss him on the cheek. Nothing tender, nothing passionate. Yeosang pretended not to have seen them when y/n walked away from her boyfriend and towards him. When their eyes met, she smiled. Not a forced one, but one of the most genuine ones you'd ever find. Yeosang could be wrong, but oftentimes he believed that he had more power to make y/n smile than her boyfriend had. Then again, he was a mere outsider when it came to their relationship. Maybe her boyfriend made her laugh and smile until her cheeks ached when they were all alone - and Yeosang would never know.

"Hi, Yeo!"
Y/n immediately threw her arms around Yeosang's neck, resting her head on his shoulder while holding him close to her. His arms instinctively wrapped around her waist and a small smile lifted the edges of his lips. If he could, he'd hold her forever - but unfortunately she wasn't his to hold.

"How are you?" he asked as soon as she let him go.
"I'm good! And you?"
"Could be better," he shrugged.
"Oh no, looks like I'll have to cheer you up with some food." Y/n laughed. For a moment, Yeosang's heart fluttered at the sound of her laugh.
"You know me too well." He didn't look her in the eyes, afraid that she'd pick up on how flustered he was.

"That's what best friends are for, isn't it?" Her eyes sparkled with delight, causing Yeosang to smile.
"I guess so."
"Of course, Yeo! Now come on, kimbap or tteokbokki?"
Yeosang thought for a moment. Kimbap sounded nice, but tteokbokki had always been a dish that he and y/n shared a love for; a signature of their friendship. That's why he was confident in his reply when he said, "Tteokbokki."

•••

"Why did you want to meet up today?" Yeosang asked y/n after they had taken their seats at a dainty little table in a quirky restaurant.
"Oh!" Y/n's face lit up and she quickly searched in her bag for her phone. "I need your opinion."

She frowned in concentration while she searched through her camera roll.
"You know that celebration party that's coming up? Yeonjun's party?" Y/n momentarily glanced up from her phone, receiving a nod from Yeosang.
"Yeah, what about it?"
"Well ... I have yet to decide on a dress for the occasion. Will you help me choose?"

Deep inside his chest, Yeosang felt happy that y/n still held his opinion in high regard. He still meant something to her.

Still occupied with her phone, she got up and dragged her chair over to Yeosang's side of the table. Then she sat down and showed him a picture of her in a ruby-red bodycon dress. It was an off-shoulder dress, reaching all the way down to mid-calf. A slit separated part of the fabric on the side of the dress, stopping mid-thigh. At first glance, Yeosang thought the dress to be much too bold and revealing for y/n's style. The colour was too bright. A dark cherry colour would probably have been more preferable.

"James said I should wear this one." Y/n didn't sound very pleased mentioning her boyfriend's request. "He says I'll be the prettiest of all the young women if I wear it. But I'm not sure if I want to wear a tight and shockingly red dress."
"You don't have to wear it if you don't want to," Yeosang replied sympathetically. "What do the other dresses look like?"

Y/n swiped right to reveal another photo. This time she showed Yeosang a picture of her in a matte black dress. It was shorter in length, with a slight flare, reaching just above the knees. Long sleeves reached the wrists. A second picture showed a set of straps adorning the back of the dress. This one, Yeosang thought, suited y/n's personality better.