Chapter Twenty-Three

WARNING! Mention of death of a loved person. (In the past)

"Okay, but what would you say his intensions are with not telling the truth about the emails?" Harry asks, leaning on both of his elbows, head placed on is interlocked hands. His eyes are fixed at the cat hybrid across from him, who's left ear twitches as he sighs.

"For the thousands time, Harold. You have to do the character development on your own. I'm not gonna write it for you because then--

"It would be my Evan and not yours." Harry finishes in sync with Louis, leaning back in his chair again.

"Fine, I come up with--" The younger wolf interrupts himself with a groan and slightly hunching over.

Louis frowns and tilts his head in worry. "Are you okay? Is it the moon?" he asks concerned.

"Of course it's the moon!" Harry snaps with an underlying growl, looking up with eyes that turned slightly red.

Louis narrows his eyes and gives a small growl back as he feels the fur on his tail slowly standing up. "Don't be an ass." he warns.

The wolf shakes his head. "Sorry. I don't think I can hold it off much longer." he explains, lookign actually a bit embarrassed.

"Holding it off?!" Louis exclaims wide eyed, ears perked. "What do you mean? Why are you holding back?" he asks confused.

Harry rolls his eyes. "Because we were having a conversation and I actually don't think it's nice to just transform in the middle of it." he claims.

The cat hybrid takes a deep breath in. "Just change, Harold. I don't think you're rude for changing when it's a fucking full moon. So change, Wolfy. I guess we go up to your room?" he asks, already getting up.

The alpha just nods and is about to grab some of the books that are lying on the table. Louis slaps his hands away.

"Go. Upstairs. Change." he says pointedly with narrowed eyes. "I can carry the stuff up. It's not too much for one." he points out, grabbing Harry's two notebooks and the script for their Dear Evan Hansen musical.

Louis stares at Harry for a long moment, raising an eyebrow as he doesn't move. That seems to do it, because the alpha finally hurries upstairs.

The hybrid rolls his eyes with a small smile on his face. "Stupid alpha." he mumbles as he starts to follow him upstairs.

He makes his way upstairs slowly, giving the wolf enough time to take off his clothes and change. Louis even waits outside for a moment before knocking at the door.

"You finished changing?" he asks loudly and gets  a quiet howl from the other side. So the cat hybrid pushes the door open and walks inside, closing the door with his bum.

Louis can't stop himself from smiling at the red wolf. Though he pulls himseld away to place the few things he is carrying on the desk. He then sits down on the desk chair, pulling his left leg up and wrapping his left arm around it.

He turns to look at Harry, who is now sitting in front of Louis with a tilt to his head and an expecting look on his furry face.

"What?" Louis asks amused, knowing what the alpha wants - getting an annoyed grumble from the wolf. The hybrid chuckles. "I don't have to change - you scened me not too long ago after all. I'm just here for the safety of everyone else. Not too fond of having the killing of half the town on my hands. You understand, right?" he jokes.

Harry growls before jumping foreward, trying to catch the cat hybrid. Though Louis is quicker and jumps up and out of the chair, but since it's a spinning chair he isn't able to safely get out and instead stumbles to the side and into the shelf standing there.