Chapter Twenty-Eight

"I swear, if I fall I will kick you in your balls." Louis grumbles as Harry leads him down some path. The hybrid doesn't know where they are. His boyfriend just dragged him to the car after a nice day at the lake where they did a bit of ice skating. Though it was more like ice walking and stumbling and falling. Both are definitely no masters in the art of being graceful on ice.

Once Louis sat down in the passenger seat, his eyes got covered with a scarf and he was told that Harry had a surprise for him.

"You are not going to fall, babe. And we are almost there anyway." the alpha assures him with a chuckle.

Louis just grumbles. He really doesn't like not knowing where he is going or what's going on. Though he trusts Harry to not push him down a hill into a lake or something similar to that.

Just a few moments later they stop. The brown cat ears on top of Louis' head move around to try and catch sounds that would give away where Harry brought him.

"It's nothing too special, but I remember that you told me once that you'd like to do this at some point in your life." Harry explains. "So why not now?" he adds, removing the scarf from around Louis' face.

The hybrid gasps as he realises what his boyfriend did. His eyes move to the truck first, which has the loading area filled with pillows and blankets. When his eyes move further to the left he sees a huge screen hung up with a few pictures playing on repeat.

Louis then turns to face Harry - a blank look on his face. "You did not rent out this whole drive-in theater! "he accuses.
The alpha chuckles. "No, I did not. That would have been a bit too expensive." he explains amused.

The hybrid lets out a relieved sigh. "Thank, fuck. I would have kicked your balls otherwise." he threatens again.
"What is it with you and kicking my balls today, babe?" Harry asks with a chuckle.

Louis just shrugs and takes his boyfriend's hand to pull him towards the car. Harry's own car is parked just outside of the drive in.

"I can't believe they stay open just for one couple." Louis thinks out loud.

Harry snorts. "They have a few reservations. At least that's what they told me when I called after lunch. When you were taking a nap, curled up on the couch, looking very cute and comfortable." he tells Louis.

Louis snorts. "You say that everytime" he mumbles, trying to hide a blush. Luckily it isn't that complicated due to the setting sun.

He climbs onto the back of the truck, sitting cross legged. His eyes scan the little nest, eyes adapting quickly to the surroundings getting darker as minutes pass.

"Well, I'm telling the truth." Harry claims as he joins Louis with a backpack he must've brought from his car. He sits down next to Louis and gets out what he has packed. It's some chips, pre-made sandwiches and something to drink for each of them. "Or did I ever lie to you?" he whispers, leaning closer to Louis to press a quick kiss to the hybrid's lips.

Louis turns his head to the side, blushing. Even though they do kiss often, it still makes him blush and his cheeks heat up.

"So what are we watching?" the blue eyed boy asks, changing the subject and trying to get rid of his blushing cheeks. "I hope for you it isn't anything horror related." he warns jokingly, though he actually means it.

The alpha chuckles. "No, it definitely isn't. Don't worry, babe." he assures. "And what it is exactly, let it be a surprise." he then adds, seeing his boyfriend's curious eyes.

Louis huffs and falls back onto the pillows before pulling one of the blankets over him, pulling it up to his chin as a cold wind blows around them. "You are no fun." he mumbles as Harry joins him.