Chapter Nine

Louis sits down next to Dominic and looks at him at lunch break. "Dom?" he sing songs, dragging out the o. "Do you wanna have dinner on Saturday with me?"

The alpha raises an eyebrow at Louis. "You know I see you like a brother, right?" Dom asks a bit confused.

Louis chuckles. "Yes, I know. I got invited, but I don't wanna go alone, so please come with me?" Louis makes big, pleading eyes.

"Who did invite you?" Dom asks curious as Niall and Shawn sit down at the same table with their food.

Louis shrugs. "I don't know them, honestly. I meet them yesterday while shopping. I found their granddaughter. She was lost and as a thank you the woman asked me to come over for dinner on Saturday."

"And you said yes?" Niall asks confused.

Shawn and Dom are not looking better.

Louis shrugs once again. "Why not? The woman at least seemed nice. And that's why I'm asking Dom to come with me. So he can protect me in case those werewolves wanna kill me."

"Werewolves?!" all three of them exclaim, earning a few glances from people around them.

"What's going on?" Zayn asks as he sits down next to them, looking confused.

"Louis thinks it's smart for him to go to a dinner with a family of werewolves." Niall explains unamused. "Dom, you know him the longest. Was he always this stupid?" the squirrel hybrid asks the werewolf at the table.

"Oi!" Louis exclaims.

Dominic chuckles. "Be happy he asked me to join otherwise he would go alone." he says. "So yes, I will come with you. I'm picking you up, if-" he emphasises the if. "- you come to the rehearsals today after school."

Louis frowns. "Rehearsals? For what?" he asks confused.

"Shawn is directing a musical production. And you could really bring something to it. It's not really going that well, because the werewolves participating don't really take Shawn seriously. Being a hybrid and all that." Zayn explains.

"Uhm, okay, sure. I can come and help." Louis says smiling at his friends. "What's the musical?" he then asks.

"Dear Evan Hansen." Shawn answered with a smile.

No one notices Louis' heart stop for a second as he tries to not tear up at the mention of this musical.

"Uhm, cool, yea." Louis says, swallowing hard. "I, uh, I have to get something from my locker. I see you in music." he says before getting up and leaving the cafeteria.

He walks to his locker and places everything on him in there before leaving the school building. Lunch break is for another half an hour so he plans to escape for that time. He can just go into the woods behind the school and run around as cat. His clothes will be hidden in some bush or something similar where no one will see them.

-

Louis walks into the auditorium just as the bell rings that the class is starting. He quickly spots Niall and Shawn and goes to them and sits down next to the deer hybrid.

"Let's start with the performances right away." the teacher says, standing on stage. "First one up is Clara and Marina."

The teacher sits down while two girls walk on stage and start to prepare their performance.

"Do I have to do one?" Louis asks frowning. No one told him to prepare something, but he probably could just wing it.

Shawn rubs his neck embarrassed. "Uh, I think so, but I'm not sure. Let's wait what he says."