Chapter Nineteen

Ugh! I finally managed to finish the chapter. It's way over my usual word count.

I hope you like it! Please leave a vote and comment Whenever you feel like it.

I have a few questions at the end (thinking about doing that for every chapter now). So feel free to answer them😊

Now enjoy!

--&--

"If that isn't our favourite cat, Lewis."

Louis' ears immediately lay flat on his head as his tail fluffs up a bit and is as still as can be behind him.

"Tanner." Louis says, trying to sound unaffected, but he can already feel his nails growing into claws due to him being terrified of the three wolves in front of him.

"Didn't think you'd have the balls to show up here again, after what you did." Tanner growls, getting agreeing nods and hums from his posse.

"Yeah!" the one behind Tanners left side - Marcus - says. "How dare you show your face again after ruining Tanner's life!"

Louis hisses at them as he defends himself. "His father is the one to blame! Hit and run is nothing to be proud of and running around town proudly telling everyone isn't either."

Tanner then steps closer, tightly grabbing Louis' chin. The hybrid is sure that this'll leave at least as small bruise. Wouldn't be the first one he got from that asshole.

"Don't touch him!" a growl suddenly comes from beside Louis - Harry.

Apparently Tanner wasn't quick enough for Harrys liking because a moment later the hand on Louis' chin is gone and held tightly in one of Harry's hands.

And then the growling and shouting begins. Louis can't stop memories from flooding back into his head. Not just from Tanner and his friends hitting and beating Louis down, but also from the incident he didn't remember for most part in his life. There was alot of growling - not that much yelling, but so much growling. A different kind of growl - though they sound all the same to the cat hybrid right now - growls of urgency and secrecy and lust.

He doesn't notice that he closes his eyes tightly and how he fists the back of Harry's shirt, making little holes into it with his claws.

Only as two gentle hands are cupping his cheeks, tilting his head up , Louis manages to get rid of any kind of memory.

He looks up and is met with Harry's green, concerned eyes. "You okay?" he asks sounding worried.

Louis has to gather his thoughts for a moment. His heart is beating way too fast to be considered normal and his breath is quite ragged as well. He can feel his claws still digging into Harry's shirt and into his own palm, his fangs nearly digging into his lips. The hybrid knows his eyes changed as well since he can see every possible shade of green in the eyes looking at him. And not only that, but also the few blues in them and even a few gold specks.

So Louis comes to a conclusion and he shakes his head. No, he is not okay.

"You have to stop changing, Louis. We have to leave very soon."

Louis shakes his head again. He cannot stop it. He knows that he has to change now or it will happen at a random time and probably at the worst time possible.

Apparently Harry somehow knows and pulls Louis behind a stone wall - shielding them from any watching eye. He pulls the hybrid down, hands on his shoulders.