Lan Zhan

~Thirteen Years ago~

"Wei Ying," a desperate voice pleaded with me; "please come back."

Disregarding the voice I gazed into oblivion as my hands were coloured with blood of my Shijie's. To save a wretched soul like mine she gave up her precious life. All this happened because of me. Yes, this was all my fault. Had I not chosen to be the diabolical king; all this chaos wouldn't have occurred.

A year ago I chose a dark path that lead to this very moment where my whole family perished right in front of my eyes. A sister who was killed, and a brother who wanted to kill me because of utter hatred.

Other clans hated my guts and wished I was obliterated for good. The siege tonight at Nightless City was for the very same purpose. To kill me and at this very moment I had no qualms.

In front of me was death and behind a sweet oblivion. The only one to stand between the two was a man dressed in white robes.

Lan Zhan.

Today his white robes were soiled with blood. Never have I ever seen Lan Zhan so unkempt. Your forehead band is crooked Lan Zhan. Laughing inwardly I wonder that at such moment why did this thought make me smile?

Taking two steps back I was dangerously standing at edge of the cliff when Lan Zhan's despair sought me, "Please Wei Ying. Come back. Please don't."

He knew my thoughts. He always knew.

Watching the massacre in front of me I closed my eyes as all my thoughts were filled with apathy. Millions of voice screamed in my head and my soul knew I could no longer live with this pain.

This was my end.

"I love you!"

Opening my eyes I gazed into a pair of eyes that were glazed with pain, "Don't go Wei Ying. I love you!"

No Lan Zhan. I don't deserve your love.

Watching his pain; my heart knew that I had to leave. I had no right to lead him with my doom. If he has to live; I need to leave.

"Wei-"

"Get lost."

My words killed him. I just didn't know it yet.

With one last look I jumped from the cliff. Yet was tethered to the world of living because he had caught hold of my hand unwilling to let me go.

"Let me go Lan Zhan."

"Wei Ying, please."

Watching Jiang Cheng, my brother make his way towards us with his word in hand, I knew Lan Zhan would never let me go, so with one last surge of might I pulled myself away and watched his pain as darkness enveloped me into her bosom.

"Wei Ying!"

That was the last name, voice and call I heard until there was nothing more.