Our stories are similar

"Child, the story doesn't end here."

Coming back to my senses; I glance at the old man and asked, "What do you mean?"

"The Chang Clan Leader; Chang Ping changed his story after few months. Xue Yang was set free and it was then that boy started taking his revenge. He couldn't touch Xiao XingChen himself, so the next person close to Xiao XingChen was his dear friend, Song Lan."

No!

Don't tell me Song Lan was killed too!? He had once helped me personally by taking care of Shijie.

"Wha..." Taking deep breath and trying to rein in my emotions I asked, "What happened to Song Lan?"

"Xue Yang was now well versed with the technique of wiping out an entire clan. His next victims were from Baixue, a place where Song Lan spent his childhood. While there, Xue Yang poisoned Song Lan's eyes and left him there as a taunt to Xiao XingChen."

"Wasn't he captured this time for his deeds?"

"No. He was smart. He left no clues. By now Xue Yang already had the protection of Jin GuangYao, who became the Sect Leader of LanLing Jin Clan. The only person who could have retaliated against this injustice would have been Sect Leader Nie Mingjue.
But due to his Qi deviation, that was not possible.

"On the other hand Xiao XingChen was aware of Xue Yang's misdeeds; but first he needed to rectify Song Lan's health, and as he was involved, Xiao XingChen personally took it upon himself to make a trip back to his mentor and teacher, Baoshan Sanren's abode. A place where once you leave, you cannot return."

What?

"It was said that he pleaded with his teacher to use her techniques and help Song Lan regain his eyesight. Ater few months Xiao XingChen walked away as a blind man never to return and that was last anyone saw of him. A year later Song Lan walked back to the world of living and everyone around were surprised to see that he had regained his sight."

"How?"

Though mine was a curiosity asked out aloud, there was a second of hesitation from the old man, but he finally said, "I have no idea child."

"Where is Song Lan?"

"I don't know."

"What about Xue Yang?"

"I don't know."

His answers are so similar- before I could think further; there was a huge banging noise from within the Chang Ping residence.

Who could it be at this hour? Didn't that waiter say this place has been abandoned?

I turned to ask few more questions but the old man was no where to be seen. Strange. Another bang and I could not afford to ponder more about the old man; but walk towards the wall and peek inside. There was someone present. He was digging something and there appeared to be another figure beside him.

Jumping quietly, I hid behind another wall to take a closer look. To my surprise, it was a grave digger. The figure next to him was not human but it appeared to be of a corpse.

Just as I was about to take a step closer, he turned and was equally surprised to see me. The man's face was covered by some mist and made it difficult for me as to decipher who it was; but he was quick on his feet to attack. His moves took me by shock. It was similar to the Gusu Lan Clan's moves.

Was he a part of their clan?

Not waiting for more answers, I evaded his moves and took out my flute to play a shrill music. The corpses from below the ground latched onto the man's legs and before I could attack further, he used a teleportation spell and vanished into thin air.