Yi City

"Master Wei, why are we going to Yi City?"

At Wen Ning's enquiry I shared the conversation I had with that old man last night, and following our conversation, what had transpired inside Chang Residency. The digger, our fight and finally unearthing the torso of our friend.

"Wen Ning; since the torso was dug out last night, I comprehend it wasn't to suppress the Chang Clan's resentful spirits. Within their yard, whoever these people are, they had attached our friend's torso to a body made of cotton, same as how I found the remaining pieces of limbs at QingheNie Sect's Saber Hall, sewed to another corpse. It appears this person is connected to both the QingheNie Sect and the GusuLan Sect. I'm afraid they aren't some easy opponent."

"GusuLan Sect?"

With a heavy sigh I glanced at Wen Ning and nodded, "Whoever I fought last night; they definitely had combat skills of GusuLan Sect to the core. I couldn't decipher their face because of some kind of spell masking their true identity."

"Who do you think it is from GusuLan Sect, Master Wei?"

"I don't know."

"Do you suspect anyone?"

"At this point," I twirled the bamboo flute in my hand and smirked. "Everyone. The truth will eventually be unveiled. And since the opponent started to move the corpse's parts already, I presume they are becoming anxious. They'll definitely move again soon. Even if we don't go find them, they'll come and find me. Until then, let's follow the hand which has been guiding me and in time learn what has to be learnt. And to answer your first question; why Yi City? That is what the hand wants."

The Shudong area was beautiful. Not like Gusu; but this place reminded me of quiet mountains where one can settle down for much required peace.

I wonder if Lan Zhan would have loved this place?

With towering peaks and a rough terrain, only faint breezes passed the area, causing the majority of places to be enveloped in mist. Walking straight toward where the hand pointed, we came upon quiet a small village. Having come across few trails, one particularly stood out. What was once a path walked upon, today, it was covered in weeds and wild flowers.

At the entrance of the trail on a boulder was a marking carved. 'Yi City'

"Master Wei."

I looked around and found few villagers and started to make way towards them; when I realised Wen Ning was with me. "Let me ask those maidens and confirm about this path. It looks as if no one has ever walked on them for a while. Stay here."

He nodded and I proceeded towards them. At first they were uncomfortable but soon I charmed them with my words and they were putty in my hands.

"You're right Master. That path does lead to Yi City; but it has long been abandoned. We haven't seen much happening at that village anymore."

If that was the case then why is the hand pointing towards this place?

Just then two rabbits nudged my boots and I grinned. Picking one up I glanced around at the rest and commented without thinking, "My partner loves rabbits. Raised many back home."

"Must be tough." A young lady sympathised, "To leave her behind and roam the realm. By looks of you're attire we know that you must belong to a cultivation Sect; and to leave behind your family must be tough."

Irony was the one to leave behind is not me but Lan Zhan.

Handing the rabbit over I offered them some money for their answers and time; but they refused to take any. Finally upon realisation, I gave them the compacts and rouge I had purchased yesterday from that seller. I even had all intentions to handover the paintings of The Yiling Patriarch, but I knew it might not be appreciated and in the end just left them with smiles and giggles.