Are you my illusion?

"That's one scary dog you have there!" Panting we reached at the outskirts of city as I wiped out my sweat and huffed contently.

"Why are you so scared of Fairy? He's such an adorable dog!"

Wait! What?

"What did you name him?" I had to confirm.

"Fairy! Why?"

I had to laugh outrightly. Something never changes. Both uncle and nephew have terrible sense of naming their pets.

"Why did you name him Fairy?"

Frowning at my question he asked, "What's wrong with that name? Uncle Jin GuangYao gifted me Fairy when I was young. He is my friend!"

"That dog wasn't given to you by Yunmeng Sect Leader?"

"No. He once said that as a young boy he swore off all dogs. Apparently grandfather didn't like them."

This statement shocked me. Jin Ling, it wasn't that your grandfather didn't like dogs. Rather it was because of me that your uncle was asked to send them away. I have always been terrified of them. He swore off because of me. I can't believe he didn't have any even after I left.

Jiang Cheng.

"Don't you trust your uncle's words that I could be Wei Wuxian?"

At my question he paused and looked straight into my soul, "Are you?"

Yes. I am.

"Nevermind. Uncle hit you with his Zidian twice and if you were him, that man's soul would have been ripped out from your body and that didn't happen." Looking away for a moment Jin Ling turned to face me again, "If you were bad, you wouldn't have saved me. You have. Multiple times. So to me you aren't whom he claims you to be."

"Has he hurt people before?" I had to ask.

"Yes. If uncle suspects someone to be The Yiling Patriarch, he'd hit them with Zidian until they bleed out. This isn't his first time. Uncle believes The Yiling Patriarch will return."

Irony, someone believes in my existence.

"You hate him?"

Those warm filled eyes turned into contempt, "Of course! I hate that man. It is because of him that I-" frowning at the name Jin Ling shook his head.

He didn't have to complete his statement. I knew he hated my guts. I deserved his wrath.

"I am sorry."

He was baffled, "Why?"

"The other day I shouldn't have said those things at Mountain Dafan."

"Hm."

"By the way, you should thank me. If not for me, you'd have still been inside that wall."

"Hey! I saved you too."

That you did.

"Well atleast you could thank me," I had to grin inwardly at his irritation.

"I have never thanked anyone before." At his confession I wasn't even surprised.

"Jin Ling, in a persons life often there comes a time when he will be sorry and thankful. It's important to convey both."

He was shocked at my advice and I thought back to the time when I had thanked and apologised to my Lan Zhan.

But for now I needed to save Jin Ling from the curse.

"Jiang Cheng!" Calling out and pointing to another direction to distract him, Jin Ling turned to address his uncle when I hit his neck and he fell into my arms.